• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2004-05-22T03:33:21Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
93 Posts

Pinned topic Need to connect to Mainframe

‏2004-05-05T11:53:19Z |
Hi,
I need to connect to Mainframe. Is there a documentation availabe whre I can refer to.

Thanks,
Prashant
Updated on 2004-05-22T03:33:21Z at 2004-05-22T03:33:21Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    93 Posts

Re: Need to connect to Mainframe

‏2004-05-05T19:11:31Z  
    Not enough information in your question.

At what point do you need to connect to the mainframe? The only time you should need to do so is to upload the generated COBOL and JCL; there's a command button for this in the "compile" dialog box. If you're in this dialog box press F1 to get context-sensitive help.

You set up details of the mainframe itself in the Machine Profiles section (in the Manager client).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    93 Posts

‏2004-05-21T13:53:08Z  
    I need to create a table definition from a Mainframe source. I will be using this table definition in various jobs . Haven worked with MF before.
    Please advise how to do it.

Thanks,

Prashant
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    93 Posts

‏2004-05-22T03:33:21Z  
    You need to get the COBOL file definition (CFD) file generated on the mainframe and delivered to wherever your DataStage server is.
    Then you can use DataStage Manager to import the table definition(s) from the CFD. One tip; you must specify to the import process in which column the 01 level items are.
    If it's DB2 on the mainframe, you can also have a DCLGen produced and sent to the machine where your DataStage server is. Again the table definitions are imported from this file into your repository using DataStage Manager.