Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2006-02-09T14:04:29Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
332 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problems trying to get XML Input to use a XSL file

‏2004-05-14T12:16:10Z |
I'm trying to get DataStage to read an XML file and use a custom XSL file to transform the XML before it passes it to the DataStage Transformer. I have been able to get Datastage to read an XML file and write it to a Relational DB.

When I add in the XSL file (Advanced tab of XML Input object), I receive the following errors (repeately) when I run the Server job:

i:95fafa19cfload_xml_certificate_crosswalk..XML_Input_1: XSLT Processor: Unknown element on the output. Element Name = "ROWSET"

load_xml_certificate_crosswalk..XML_Input_1: XSLT Processor: Text can only occur as a direct child of a "column" element.[/i:95fafa19cf]

I'm not sure why the XSLT processor is giving me these errors since I have test the XSL process outside of Datastage and it works fine (using both XMLSpy and the Microsoft XML processor).

I'm using Datastage Designer 7.1.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Jack McKittrick
Updated on 2006-02-09T14:04:29Z at 2006-02-09T14:04:29Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    332 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problems trying to get XML Input to use a XSL file

‏2006-02-08T17:46:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Experiencing the same problem. I am trying to create an XSD (XML schema) for subsequent target mappings - it consistently reports XSLT processing errors - unknown element name 'xs:element'.

IBM Support - is there guidance/documents using custom XSLT's, e.g. is there an expected format to use?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    332 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problems trying to get XML Input to use a XSL file

‏2006-02-09T14:04:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Since the orininal post is from 2004, I suggest you call IBM Support directly or open an SCase from the Web.