I have a problem with DLPAR on openSuse10.1 running on p550, All the IBM Specific packages for SUSE (listed in doc by Clifford Spinac at http://www-128.ibm.con/developerworks/linux/library/l-pow-dynamic) installed without problems however lssrc -a does not show IBM.HostRM, and when I attempt to use DLPAR I get a "no RMC Connection" error.
I checked and the file(s) from rsct.core-188.8.131.52-0.ppc.rpm are installed.
What else can I check to determine the problem?
fengdao 1000007EHR15 Posts
Re: DLPAR on openSUSE102006-06-22T13:54:44ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.You can run the AIX command "lssrc -a" to see if the subsystem started. If not, you can start it by using "startsrc -s theNameOfSubsystem" or "startsrc -g theNameoftheGroup".
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK706 Posts
Re: DLPAR on RedHat2009-04-21T12:55:13ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Thanks for your reply, I checked and noticed a some not running. I started and re-tried remove device (dvd+tape) with same error.
I then stopped and restarted ALL SRC and tried again, but still didn't work.
I then Rebooted and ensured all SRC running.
I was able to DLPAR and 2nd external SAS Tape Drive (st1) and noticed this on console :
iommu_free_table: Unexpected TCEs for /pci@800000020000202
I also noticed SRC had stopped a number of resources :
Subsystem Group PID Status
ctrmc rsct 1905 active
IBM.DRM rsct_rm 1950 active
IBM.ServiceRM rsct_rm 2022 active
IBM.CSMAgentRM rsct_rm 2032 active
ctcas rsct 2567 active
IBM.SensorRM rsct_rm 2576 active
IBM.ERRM rsct_rm inoperative
IBM.AuditRM rsct_rm inoperative
IBM.LPRM rsct_rm inoperative
IBM.HostRM rsct_rm inoperative
I restarted all SRC and tried to DLPAR (cd/dvd+tape) but got same error :
DLPAR REMOVE I/O resources failed: The I/O slot dynamic logical partitioning operation failed. Here are the I/O Slot IDs that failed and the reasons for failure:
- Apr 22 00:41:07 2009 ########## : kernel remove failed for PHB 512, rc = -16 U789C.001.DQDF527-P1-T9 (21010200)
So I rebooted, ensured all SRC active (had to manually start ctcas and IBM.SensorRM) and tried DLPAR again, but still get same error.