• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-03-12T04:50:44Z by ambasta
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2583 Posts

Pinned topic Web Page Portlet

‏2006-05-18T18:05:08Z |
I'm using WSE 2.6
I'm trying to install the Web Page Portlet (webpage.war) and get an error. I also tried downloading the webpage50.war from the Catalog site and I get the same error. "Cannot install the selected .war file"
I'm using wpsadmin as the ID. Both Workplace and Websphere_Portal are started.

Suggestions?
Updated on 2010-03-12T04:50:44Z at 2010-03-12T04:50:44Z by ambasta
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts

Re: Web Page Portlet

‏2006-05-19T05:25:07Z  
    Hi

When the error occurs, please drill into the details of the mesage; you will see a series of specific exceptions, which will help to indicate the root cause.

For example, if there's an authentication problem internaly within the portal, you'll see relevant error messages relating to the WPSADMIN user.

Similarly, if the portlet is already installed, you'll see a specific message.

You can also monitor the SystemOut.log and SystemErr.log files, which are typically located in \WebSphere\PortalServer\log ( depending on where you installed the Workplace product ).

Regards

Dave Hay
    david_hay@uk.ibm.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts

‏2006-05-26T14:13:25Z  
    Hi,

I'm trying to install this portlet too. In my case, I'm using WSE 2.5.1 and get the same error. In readme.txt of portlet, I've found this information:

[i]Additional installation support and documentation for this portlet can be found under the 'Support' section of the portlet's catalog entry
    in the WebSphere Portal Catalog. The URL for the portal catalog is http://www7b.software.ibm.com/wsdd/zones/portal/catalog/

For WPS 4.1, install webpage41.war.

For WPS 4.2, install webpage42.war.

For WPS 5.0, install webpage50.war.
    Note: Links in some website will bring customer out of portal, that is due to the way the page was coded, portal has no control of that.

Updated 4/2/2004[/i]

So, I think that this portelet is not compatible with wse 2.5.1 and 2.6.
    Is there some portlet compatible with wse 2.5.1 (or higher), to see web pages inside wse?

very tks,
    Marcela
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts

‏2006-05-26T15:25:27Z  
    Hi,

I'm trying to install this portlet too. In my case, I'm using WSE 2.5.1 and get the same error. In readme.txt of portlet, I've found this information:

[i]Additional installation support and documentation for this portlet can be found under the 'Support' section of the portlet's catalog entry
    in the WebSphere Portal Catalog. The URL for the portal catalog is http://www7b.software.ibm.com/wsdd/zones/portal/catalog/

Note: Links in some website will bring customer out of portal, that is due to the way the page was coded, portal has no control of that.

Updated 4/2/2004[/i]

Is there some portlet compatible with wse 2.5.1 (or higher), to see web pages inside wse?

very tks,
    Marcela
    Hi Marcela,

I was able to get it to work. I think I had to start the portal server.
    The log file was the key.

Keep trying . It is compatible.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts

‏2006-05-27T14:12:20Z  
    Hi,

Updated 4/2/2004[/i]

very tks,
    Marcela
    Marcela

FYI I have just downloaded the IBM Web Page Portlet V5.0 from the Workplace Solutions Catalog: -

http://catalog.lotus.com/wps/portal

I then extracted the following WAR file from the ZIP file ( 1wp10004f.zip ): -

webpage50.war ( 29/03/2004 09:57 120,364 bytes )

and installed it, without problems, into IBM Workplace Services Express
    2.6 rev 20060425.1225
    . I did this whilst logged on as the administrative user ( equivalent to wpsadmin ).

Regards

Dave Hay
    david_hay@uk.ibm.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts

‏2006-05-29T00:29:27Z  
    Marcela

FYI I have just downloaded the IBM Web Page Portlet V5.0 from the Workplace Solutions Catalog: -

http://catalog.lotus.com/wps/portal

I then extracted the following WAR file from the ZIP file ( 1wp10004f.zip ): -

webpage50.war ( 29/03/2004 09:57 120,364 bytes )

and installed it, without problems, into IBM Workplace Services Express
    2.6 rev 20060425.1225
    . I did this whilst logged on as the administrative user ( equivalent to wpsadmin ).

Regards

Dave Hay
    david_hay@uk.ibm.com
    thanks for reminding me david.

my original problem was resolved by using the wpsadmin id. I had
    created another administrator id but may not have given that newAdmin
    all the priveledges. Marcela, make sure you use wpsadmin.

Ang
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts

‏2006-05-30T13:10:14Z  
    thanks for reminding me david.

my original problem was resolved by using the wpsadmin id. I had
    created another administrator id but may not have given that newAdmin
    all the priveledges. Marcela, make sure you use wpsadmin.

Ang
    Hi,

I really try to install the WEB PAGE portlet again, and have no sucess.
    I've got the webpage50.war ( 29/03/2004 09:57 120,364 bytes )extracting the file 1wp10004f.zip, downloaded from http://catalog.lotus.com/wps/portal.

The portal is started, and I'm using the admin ID (wpsadmin). Just to remember, I'm trying to install in a Linux - Suse 9 - WSE 2.5.1.

The strange is that, I install another portlet BANNER AD without problem.

I need to put one site inside WSE, is there some portlet similar to do this?

How can I resolve this "problem"?

very tks
    Marcela
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts

‏2006-05-31T05:49:18Z  
    Hi,

I really try to install the WEB PAGE portlet again, and have no sucess.
    I've got the webpage50.war ( 29/03/2004 09:57 120,364 bytes )extracting the file 1wp10004f.zip, downloaded from http://catalog.lotus.com/wps/portal.

The portal is started, and I'm using the admin ID (wpsadmin). Just to remember, I'm trying to install in a Linux - Suse 9 - WSE 2.5.1.

The strange is that, I install another portlet BANNER AD without problem.

I need to put one site inside WSE, is there some portlet similar to do this?

How can I resolve this "problem"?

very tks
    Marcela
    Hi Marcela

As per one of my previous posts, please can you provide details of the error(s) that you are seeing. We don't need to see the entire log, but there should be relevant errors (a) when you attempt to install the portlet and (b) in the log files under /PortalServer/log ( path will vary ).

The errors should be easy to find, because they will include the date/time when you tried to install the WAR file. The relevant files are SystemOut.log, SystemErr.log and wps*.log.

Without these, it's hard for us to know what's going wrong.

Regards

Dave Hay
    david_hay@uk.ibm.com
  • ambasta
    ambasta
    1 Post

‏2010-03-12T04:50:44Z  
    Hi all,
    I am not able to get the installer for the Web Page Portlet (webpage.war). Please share the link from where it can be downloaded.
    I am using WPS6.0 portal server.
    Also, I need some doc to implement the same.
    Thanks a lot.