Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2006-05-17T17:24:25Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
12 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Portlet Factory to Custom CI?

‏2006-05-17T14:13:13Z |
Morning all,
My company is considering using Portlet Factory to create a custom UI for PeopleSoft. Our Peoplesoft technical people have created a Custom CI which returns a list of direct reports for a manager into a buffer on the CI, but the buffer doesn't seem to be visible to Portlet Factory. When I access the CI with the PSFT view and form builder, I get the list of attributes of the search, not the search results. As an example, I get back EmplID for the manager, NavMthd an ID for the method call, but none of the manager's reports.

As an aside, calling the API directly in java gives me a PS Collection object which I can call getCount and item to iterate through so I know the CI is returning data.

Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Updated on 2006-05-17T17:24:25Z at 2006-05-17T17:24:25Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Portlet Factory to Custom CI?

‏2006-05-17T17:24:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    You may have the PeopleSoft View & Form builder misconfigured. First make sure you have the "Create Input Page" and "Create Search Results Page" inputs checked. That will configure the builder to display a find keys input page and a page that shows what CI instances match the find keys. Then to get details for a CI you would check "Create Detail Page" and select a link column in "Search Results Link Tag" input. Clicking this link on the search results page will display the details of the selected CI.