Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1215 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error getting in EJB to RDB Mapping

‏2006-05-06T06:52:10Z |
Hi,

I am new to Websphere application server and studio. I am trying to a configure J2ee application using Websphere studio. I am using Entity beans and session beans in my application. I have created the database in DB2 v8.2 in a another machine in the same LAN. But when i tried to map the Entity bean's fields to DB2 table fields using EJB to RDB Mapping bottom up approach, I am geting an error message as given below

"The version of thr IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licenced for connectivity to DB2 for Unix/Windows Databases. To connect to this DB2 server, please obtain a licenced cpoy of IBM DB2 Universal Driver for JDBC and SQLJ. An appropriate licence_*.jar for this target platform must be installed to the application class path. Connectivity to DB2 for Unix/Windows databases is enabled by any of the following licence files:{ db2jcc_licence_cu.jar, db2jcc_licence_cisuz.jar }"

I tried to add "db2jcc_licence_cu.jar" file to my project's build path as external jar and as a variable. But still i am getting the same error.

My DB2 Universal DB version id 8.2. But when i tried to map the field, i could find only DB2 Universal DB v8.1. in Database vendor type list box. I didn't find DB2 Universal Db v8.2. So i selected version 8.1 there. Is error occuring because of this?

If not how can we set db2jcc_licence_cu.jar to the application path?

Please help

Best regards,
Sudheesh...