• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2006-03-15T11:30:29Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3659 Posts

Pinned topic class diagram generate

‏2006-03-14T13:55:18Z |
Hi,

I have big java project. I want to create class diagram for this project.
I did reverse engineering of source. Now I can see all the classes in left tree under logical view. If I want a class diagram I have to drag specific class to diagram editor which I have to for every class which is tediuos. Is there a way to generate class diagram rather than manual dragging each class to diagram editor?

~Vinaya
Walking on water and developing software from specification is easy , provided both are frozen.
Updated on 2006-03-15T11:30:29Z at 2006-03-15T11:30:29Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts

Re: class diagram generate

‏2006-03-14T14:33:27Z  
    You use the Query menu this way:

Look in the tree browser for one of the primary classes from the reverse engineered code (if you don't know the code, then just pick any class).

Drag that class onto the class diagram.

Select the class on the class diagram.

In the Query menu at the top, select Expand Selected Element.

If you just want to see the classes that directly relate to the class you selected, just click OK (taking all the default values from the dialogue box).

If you want to build a class diagram with everything in the model (assuming that all the classes are attached to something in the model), then click the box that says expand indefinitely, then click OK.

Rose will add classes and relationships to the diagram.

The Query menu is often used to quickly build class diagrams. There are other options you can select, so try different buttons, try selecting relations, see what you get.

Geri
    http://www.wyyzzk.com/
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts

Re: class diagram generate

‏2006-03-15T11:30:29Z  
    You use the Query menu this way:

Look in the tree browser for one of the primary classes from the reverse engineered code (if you don't know the code, then just pick any class).

Drag that class onto the class diagram.

Select the class on the class diagram.

In the Query menu at the top, select Expand Selected Element.

If you just want to see the classes that directly relate to the class you selected, just click OK (taking all the default values from the dialogue box).

If you want to build a class diagram with everything in the model (assuming that all the classes are attached to something in the model), then click the box that says expand indefinitely, then click OK.

Rose will add classes and relationships to the diagram.

The Query menu is often used to quickly build class diagrams. There are other options you can select, so try different buttons, try selecting relations, see what you get.

Geri
    http://www.wyyzzk.com/
    Thank you very much , this is what I was looking for. Even though it takes a lot of time it is quite use ful.

~Vinaya
    Walking on water and developing software from specification is easy , provided both are frozen.