Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2006-03-10T14:31:49Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
14225 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Return Message in Sequence Diagram

‏2006-03-09T19:46:03Z |
In Sequence Diagram, when you create a message, the return message comes by default. I don't know want it for all messages. So, I deleted some return messages. But, I'm not able to bring back the return message. The class diagram drawer doesn't have return message. In Rose, it was convenient.
1) Why is it like this?
2) Will RSA have a return message like Rose in future?

Thanks.
Updated on 2006-03-10T14:31:49Z at 2006-03-10T14:31:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Return Message in Sequence Diagram

‏2006-03-09T20:55:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I've been working with sequence diagrams lately ... I'm not sure I am answering you properly here, but RSA offers synchronous messages and asynchronous messages. Usually "message" implies "operation".

Synchronous messages include the default return because they expect to block the caller, asynchronous messages do not include the return because they do not block the caller.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      14225 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-03-09T21:03:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      What I meant was that I don't want to show return message (synchronous) for all methods. Because, it'll make the diagram cumbersome & also it's obvoious. In some cases, it's good to show the return message. The problem with RSA sequence diagram is that I get the return message by default. So, I've to delete every time I create a message. After deleting a return message, I'm not able to bring back return message. I also checked class diagram drawer. But, it doesn't have the return message.

Thanks.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-03-10T14:31:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi there,

I also had the same question for quite a while. As far as I know, there is no way to resolve this. If you ask me, it's a bug.

Best regards,

Mario.