Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-07-09T02:27:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2340 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic The JSP container failed to load the TagExtraInfo class [com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.ClientTag$TEI

‏2006-02-17T10:55:17Z |
Hi,

I am new to Portal Development, I am using RAD 6.0 and its integrated Server Websphere Application 6.0. when I create a PortletProject(without JSR 168) the code appears as given below :

View.jsp

<%@ page session="false" contentType="text/html" import="java.util.*, ibmportlet.*"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld" prefix="portletAPI" %>
<portletAPI:init/>

<%
IBMPortletPortletSessionBean sessionBean = (IBMPortletPortletSessionBean)portletRequest.getPortletSession().getAttribute(IBMPortletPortlet.SESSION_BEAN);
%>

<DIV style="margin: 6px">

<H3 style="margin-bottom: 3px">Welcome!</H3>
This is a sample <B>view mode</B> page. You have to edit this page to customize it for your own use.<BR>
The source file for this page is "/Web Content/ibmportlet/jsp/html/IBMPortletPortletView.jsp".

<H3 style="margin-bottom: 3px">Form sample</H3>
This is a sample form to test action event handling.
<DIV style="margin: 12px; margin-bottom: 36px">
<% /******** Start of sample code ********/ %>

<%
String formText = sessionBean.getFormText();
if( formText.length()>0 ) {
%>Order details for order id '<%=formText%>' should be displayed here.<%
}
%>
<FORM method="POST" action="<portletAPI:createURI><portletAPI:URIAction name='<%=IBMPortletPortlet.FORM_ACTION%>'/></portletAPI:createURI>">
<LABEL class="wpsLabelText" for="<portletAPI:encodeNamespace value='<%=IBMPortletPortlet.TEXT%>'/>">Enter order id:</LABEL><BR>
<INPUT class="wpsEditField" name="<portletAPI:encodeNamespace value='<%=IBMPortletPortlet.TEXT%>'/>" type="text"/>
<INPUT class="wpsButtonText" name="<portletAPI:encodeNamespace value='<%=IBMPortletPortlet.SUBMIT%>'/>" value="Submit" type="submit"/>
</FORM>

<% /******** End of sample code *********/ %>
</DIV>

</DIV>

when I Run this page it says

Error Message:JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri /WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld

there was no tld folder in WEB-INF so I explicitily created it and put portlet.tld in the same folder with the mapping in web.xml. But after that when I Run the page I get the error as shown below :
com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TldParser logParseErrorMessage Failed to parse Tag Library [/WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld]: JSPG0235E: The JSP container failed to load the TagExtraInfo class http://com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.ClientTag$TEI
2/17/06 16:11:50:233 IST 00000045 jsp W com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TagLibraryCache loadWebXmlMap jsp warning failed to load tld at [/WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld]
2/17/06 16:11:50:249 IST 00000045 jsp W com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TagLibraryCache loadWebXmlMap jsp warning failed to load tld at [/WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld]
2/17/06 16:11:50:905 IST 00000045 jsp E com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TldParser logParseErrorMessage Failed to parse Tag Library [/WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld]: JSPG0235E: The JSP container failed to load the TagExtraInfo class http://com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.ClientTag$TEI
2/17/06 16:11:50:936 IST 00000045 jsp W com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TagLibraryCache loadWebInfMap webinf tld failed to load for resourcePath =[/WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld]
com.ibm.ws.jsp.JspCoreException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: JSPG0235E: The JSP container failed to load the TagExtraInfo class http://com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.ClientTag$TEI
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TldParser.parseTLD(TldParser.java:236)
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TagLibraryCache.loadWebInfMap(TagLibraryCache.java:277)
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TagLibraryCache.loadWebInfMap(TagLibraryCache.java:298)
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TagLibraryCache.<init>(TagLibraryCache.java:91)
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionProcessor.<init>(JSPExtensionProcessor.java:143)
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionFactory.createExtensionProcessor(JSPExtensionFactory.java:96)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initializeExtensionProcessors(WebApp.java:1068)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initialize(WebApp.java:363)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.addWebApplication(WebGroup.java:114)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHost.addWebApplication(VirtualHost.java:127)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApp(WebContainer.java:776)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApplication(WebContainer.java:729)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.install(WebContainerImpl.java:140)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.start(WebContainerImpl.java:360)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1019)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:1028)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.start(DeployedModuleImpl.java:538)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:724)
I am unable to locate jar file for com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.ClientTag$TEI its not there in wp.api.pc.pe.legacy.jar.

Please help me out. I just want to create a simple portlet using Wizard

Thanks and Regards
Anamika
Updated on 2009-07-09T02:27:02Z at 2009-07-09T02:27:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2340 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: The JSP container failed to load the TagExtraInfo class [com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.ClientTag$TEI

‏2006-02-24T06:17:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Try to install Portal tools with RAD 6.0 and select 'WebSphere Portal v5.1 stub' as the target server of your project.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2340 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: The JSP container failed to load the TagExtraInfo class [com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.ClientTag$TEI

‏2006-04-10T13:46:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi, I am also facing the same problem. Did you get the answer?
    When i try to run a sample portlet application in websphere6.0, i am getting

"Could not load TagExtraInfo class com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.ClientTag$TEI: com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.ClientTag$TEI

Could not load TagExtraInfo class com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.InitTag$TEI: com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.tags.InitTag$TEI"

Please help me out if you resolved it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2340 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-05-16T07:59:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,
    I am another one with the same problem.
    I try to work through the tutorial and I also add the portlet.tld, now I get the same error as posted.

Who can help?
    Thanks
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2340 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-06-27T20:23:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,
      I have also the error

"Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: JSPG0235E: The JSP container failed to load the TagExtraInfo class http://org.apache.taglibs.standard.tei.ImportTEI
      at com.ibm.ws.jsp.taglib.TldParser.endElement(TldParser.java:376)"

when I'm using jstl 1.1.2.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        2340 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-07-03T06:49:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Well,

there already exists a thread for this topic with a suggestion.
        There is nothing that can be added except the hint that the portal client
        was developed for Portal Server 5.x and obviously they removed some
        required classfiles in 6.x.
        I cannot tell whether or when IBM will adopt the portal client for version
        6.x., sorry for this.
        As usual, feel free to open a requirement for this.

Volker Hoss
        IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow Development
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          2340 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-04-23T05:37:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          HI I am getting same type of error.
          Currently I need to migrate my current project from WAS5.1 to WAS6.1. my project is working fine on WAS5.1 but on WAS6.1, I am getting this error.
          Please suggest some solution
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          2340 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-07-09T02:27:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          could you send the link...