Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-09-04T09:58:52Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2014 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Crawling secure Novell file systems - security tokens available?

‏2006-02-16T00:20:52Z |
We have a requirement to crawl a Novell file system. Is it possible to retrieve access control information and which crawler would we use (or have to build a specific crawler)?

Does the Unix file system crawler support retrieval of access control information from Unix file systems?
Updated on 2011-09-04T09:58:52Z at 2011-09-04T09:58:52Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2014 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Crawling secure Novell file systems - security tokens available?

‏2006-02-16T00:55:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    OmniFind does not support Novell file system, unless it is accessible via the standard win32 API for filesystem access which the Windows filesystem crawler uses. I don't think that is the case however.

You might have to build a custom crawler using OmniFind's SIAPI. This article is an introduction to SIAPI:
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0601chitiveli/
    In particular, read the paragraphs "Add Documents" and "Remove Documents". The method Document.setACL() is used to set Access Constrol Lists for a given document. Note that only "positive" ACLs are allowed, negative ACLs (deny/exclude) cannot be expressed using this mechanism.

The Unix filesystem crawler does not support retrieval of access control information at this point.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2014 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-10-11T17:32:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      We now have a solution available for secure search on Novell file systems. It's based on using the standard Windows crawler plus the Windows Novell client. It then uses the NDap beans to extract the security tokens for the Novell documents.
      If you're still interested, let me know...
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        2014 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-10-11T19:16:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I would be very interested in this solution.. Could you share with me the required solution.

Thanks

Anish
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          2014 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-04T09:58:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          May be solution for crawling Novell file system now availabe somewhere.
          I'm trying to solve this issue.
          Need help.
          Thanks a lot.

Fredrix.