Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2007-01-04T15:47:09Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1807 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problems installing RSA 6.0 - Failure to install the integrated test environment

‏2006-02-03T04:06:08Z |
Folks,

I am attempting to install RSA 6.0 to "D:\Program Files\..." from binaries located on my "D:\" drive (that is, the images are local and not being brought over a network) and am getting the following error:

(Feb 2, 2006 10:45:12 PM), Install, com.ibm.rational.cdi.common.CustomExec, err, unknown protocol: d
(Feb 2, 2006 10:45:12 PM), Install, com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext, err, java.lang.NullPointerException
STACK_TRACE: 5
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.rational.cdi.common.CustomExec.parseConfigurationFile(CustomExec.java:444)
at com.ibm.rational.cdi.common.CustomExec.execute(CustomExec.java:294)
at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(RunnableWizardBeanContext.java:21)

(Feb 2, 2006 10:51:53 PM), Install, com.ibm.rational.cdi.common.WASStatusCondition, wrn, log file not found:C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0/runtimes/base_v6/logs/log.txt
(Feb 2, 2006 10:52:28 PM), Install, com.ibm.rational.cdi.common.WASStatusCondition, wrn, log file not found:C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0/runtimes/base_v6/logs/log.txt

I have iterated several times and find that the same error occurs if I install on C: drive as well.

Further, I have browsed for assistance and followed the clean-up process outlined in http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21193478. However, this does not help - I have the same problem.

Any pointers on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

-JR Rao
Updated on 2007-01-04T15:47:09Z at 2007-01-04T15:47:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • CPA
    CPA
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problems installing RSA 6.0 - Failure to install the integrated test environment

‏2006-04-03T05:11:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I ve got the same problem but using RAD and via network installation.
    I have tried to remove all the installation and re-install again. However, it is still failed. I have looked around for the solution but still can't get it.

Can anyone give some help? thanks!
    • psubedi2006
      psubedi2006
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problems installing RSA 6.0 - Failure to install the integrated test environment

‏2006-06-05T15:06:45Z  in response to CPA
      I have the same problem. Anybody found a solution for this?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1807 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-06-14T08:58:14Z  in response to psubedi2006
        Hi all,

we found out that
        1. first you must install the IRAD 6.0 (should be the same with Software
        Arcitect) without the Integrated Test Environment. (see checkbox)
        2. second you start again the launchpad and install IRAD 6.0 with the
        Integrated Test Environment.

The installation recognizes the previous installation (1) and installs the
        Integrated Test Environment (2)

Regards,
        Bernd Schiffer
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          1807 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-06-28T21:50:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Doesn't work for me, i keep getting the message that there was a failure to install the integrated test environment.

Don´t know what else to do, because i just installed RAD in another laptop and worked just fine, and I don't know what's the difference.

Is it possible just copying the folder from the correct installation (base_v6) to my <rational_dir>/runtimes folder?

Anyone have any ideas for this error?

(28/06/2006 02:23:29 PM), Install, com.ibm.rational.cdi.common.CustomExec, err, Connection refused: connect
          (28/06/2006 02:23:29 PM), Install, com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext, err, java.lang.NullPointerException
          STACK_TRACE: 5
          java.lang.NullPointerException
          at com.ibm.rational.cdi.common.CustomExec.parseConfigurationFile(CustomExec.java:444)
          at com.ibm.rational.cdi.common.CustomExec.execute(CustomExec.java:294)
          at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(RunnableWizardBeanContext.java:21)

(28/06/2006 02:32:53 PM), Install, com.ibm.rational.cdi.common.WASStatusCondition, wrn, log file not found:C:\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0/runtimes/base_v6/logs/log.txt
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            1807 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-08-08T06:58:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            yeap, you can just copy the UTE to replace the failed UTE install.

I have done that before and worked fine ( :

Just replaced the PortalServer and AppServer directories....

good luck !
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1807 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Solution : Re: Problems installing RSA 6.0 - Failure to install the integrated test environment

‏2007-01-04T15:47:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I have found the solution here,

http://www.webstuffscan.com/2007/01/03/rational-application-developer-issue-with-built-in-was-server/