Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-21T07:59:45Z by d.potam
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
24948 Posts

Pinned topic Parent / Child Relationships in ClearQuest / MS Project / Project Tracker

‏2006-01-20T15:16:56Z |
Hi.

I've successfully configured my ClearQuest / MS Project / Project Tracker integration and have everything working except the parent child relationship.

I've followed all the instructions as best as I can tell I've tried both REFERENCE and REFERENCE_LIST, added the controls to the forms etc... I've even created several child / parent relationships in ClearQuest and imported them with no luck.

My problem is that MS Project is not letting me "Enable Parent / Child Field Mapping". And the "ClearQuest Parent Reference Field" is blank.

My evironment is:

- Windows XP SP2 I think
- MSAccess database
- MS Project Standard 2003 SP1
- ClearQuest 2003.06.15.734.000

I've still evaluating so I'm using a node locked temp license.

Help !!!
Updated on 2012-11-21T07:59:45Z at 2012-11-21T07:59:45Z by d.potam
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

Re: Parent / Child Relationships in ClearQuest / MS Project / Project Tracker

‏2006-01-20T16:00:26Z  
    Hi,
    In MSP tasks as parent/child will not be visible, all records will be imported to a new ("root") line.
    It is necessary to write own integrator CQ and MSP.

There is a company which realized this function. There it is possible to do export/import/synchronize with any fields.

Parent/child as are displayed in MSP correctly.

To apply for information it is possible on email: alex-golder@yandex.ru
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2006-01-24T23:12:09Z  
    I've had some luck progressing this myself. As mentioned in a different thread I found a more recent version of the Project Tracker User Guide on the developerWorks.

- http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=pub1gi11623905

Basically it says:

"When parent/child mapping is enabled, these relationships among ClearQuest records are preserved as summary task/subtasks relationships among Microsoft Project tasks. Before you follow the procedure in this section, use the ClearQuest Designer to add new reference fields. These parent reference fields must be created for all record types to which the packages were applied and they must have the same name (as well as their children reference list)."

This works.

I'm still have some small issues but if I get these sorted I'll update here.

David.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

new java web sr5 and UCM

‏2006-01-28T00:54:00Z  
    I've had some luck progressing this myself. As mentioned in a different thread I found a more recent version of the Project Tracker User Guide on the developerWorks.

Basically it says:

"When parent/child mapping is enabled, these relationships among ClearQuest records are preserved as summary task/subtasks relationships among Microsoft Project tasks. Before you follow the procedure in this section, use the ClearQuest Designer to add new reference fields. These parent reference fields must be created for all record types to which the packages were applied and they must have the same name (as well as their children reference list)."

This works.

David.
    Hi,

Is anyone using the new java web and UCM integration. We want to move to that route and want to know if there are any issues.

Nita
    http://att1.html
  • Chakuew0
    Chakuew0
    3 Posts

‏2008-06-11T14:25:46Z  

Basically it says:

This works.

David.
    Hi David

I also found this Document but was not able to have it working?!

Can you give me an example?

Parent Type Name: Feature
    Child Type Name: Task

One Feature can have as many Task

Thanks
    erwin

mailto:erwin.kunz@siemens.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2008-07-15T01:40:18Z  

Basically it says:

This works.

David.
    Thanks.
    Your document is very useful :)
  • d.potam
    d.potam
    38 Posts

‏2012-10-05T06:49:32Z  

Basically it says:

This works.

David.
    how you solve it? =/
  • d.potam
    d.potam
    38 Posts

‏2012-10-05T06:49:37Z  

Basically it says:

This works.

David.
    how you solve it? =/
  • d.potam
    d.potam
    38 Posts

‏2012-11-21T07:59:45Z  
    • d.potam
    • ‏2012-10-05T06:49:37Z
    how you solve it? =/
    is it real to set on check box "parent\child mapping" ?