4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-08-06T13:56:12Z by saibhav
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic HTTP-PUT

‏2006-01-19T02:45:33Z |
Does WebSEAL support HTTP-PUT?

I have a client appplication which is uploading files using HTTP-PUT and it is going through WebSEAL. The client application is non-browser based and it is sending the credentials of the currently logged on user(Kerebros token - for SPNEGO based single sign-on ) with the PUT request. WebSEAL is complaining with 401/403 return codes. Is WebSEAL able to handle HTTP-PUT request? Or if it is an HTTP-PUT whether it is able to extract the credentials? Anyone had experienced such things?

Thanks in advance.
Madhu.
Updated on 2006-01-25T02:27:20Z at 2006-01-25T02:27:20Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: HTTP-PUT

‏2006-01-23T23:58:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    WebSEAL does support the PUT method. It sounds like your errors are related to the authentication, not the method itself. WebSEAL would return error 400 if the method name was not understood. It sounds like you are using SPNEGO authentication in WebSEAL. Can you verify from a regular IE browser that this has been configured correctly ?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9855 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-01-25T02:27:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for the reply

We are using SPNEGO. I verified with the regular browser whether SPNEGO is working fine and it is working fine. The problem is happening only when I use the custom built application(it is a fat client - .NET WinForms application). In this application I set the credential to the currently logged on user and issue a PUT request(to upload a file). I am getting a 401/403 errors (In WebSEAL logs I see a 401 and then a 403 error).

Is there any way to solve this problem?

If I wanted to use SPNEGO, should I use GET/POST first to get authenticated and and then use the PUT to upload a file? Or can I use HTTP PUT strightaway?(during uploading the file)?

Thanks in advance,
      Madhu.
  • Ankur Agarwal
    Ankur Agarwal
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-16T10:56:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi,

Didi you got any solution for the above error?

We are also facing similar issue

• saibhav
    saibhav
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-06T13:56:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin

By default http put is blocked. In the ACL make sure user have permission "m" (modify) to enable put method.