• 18 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-05-11T03:26:15Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
11979 Posts

Pinned topic P6spy works on WSAD 5.2? please help

‏2006-01-10T12:15:20Z |
somebody has been able to make work it?

P6spy is open source http://www.p6spy.com and it has documentation for Websphere 4.0, but it not runs on WSAD 5.2

any aid well is received, thanks
Updated on 2009-05-11T03:26:15Z at 2009-05-11T03:26:15Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

Re: P6spy works on WSAD 5.2? please help

‏2006-01-10T12:18:41Z  
    It is WSAD 5.1.2, sorry.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-01-17T08:08:41Z  
    I have already been able to make it work, thanks in any case.
  • Janet_Han
    Janet_Han
    1 Post

‏2006-01-24T06:53:32Z  
    I have already been able to make it work, thanks in any case.
    Hi Raiko,

I just have the same problem with you. Would you please tell me how did you make it work?

Really appreciate your reply.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-01-25T15:52:50Z  
    • Janet_Han
    • ‏2006-01-24T06:53:32Z
    Hi Raiko,

I just have the same problem with you. Would you please tell me how did you make it work?

Really appreciate your reply.
    Hi Janet_Han,

P6spy do not work on WSAD 5.2 (there is a problem with the adapter datasource class), if you want it work you must modify te sources of P6spy and compile your version, or use the source of P6spy directly.

The problem is explained here:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&context=SSEQTP&q=&uid=swg21142347&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en

In any case, I have not been able to make work the file spy.properties from classpath correctly (it take the spy.properties from the P6Spy source project).

Sorry for my english, i am from spain.

I you need help, reply this post and i will attempt to help you.

greetins,
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-01-25T23:32:52Z  
    Hi Janet_Han,

P6spy do not work on WSAD 5.2 (there is a problem with the adapter datasource class), if you want it work you must modify te sources of P6spy and compile your version, or use the source of P6spy directly.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&context=SSEQTP&q=&uid=swg21142347&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en

In any case, I have not been able to make work the file spy.properties from classpath correctly (it take the spy.properties from the P6Spy source project).

greetins,
    > P6spy do not work on WSAD 5.2 (there is a problem
    > with the adapter datasource class), if you want it
    > work you must modify te sources of P6spy and compile
    > your version, or use the source of P6spy directly.
    >

can you provide the modified p6spy.jar and what datastorehelper you used. this would help me tremendously.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-02-13T15:13:13Z  
    > P6spy do not work on WSAD 5.2 (there is a problem
    > with the adapter datasource class), if you want it
    > work you must modify te sources of P6spy and compile
    > your version, or use the source of P6spy directly.
    >

can you provide the modified p6spy.jar and what datastorehelper you used. this would help me tremendously.
    Hi I am also struggling with this problem. I was wondering if you could please supply me with your p6spy.jar file and also the p6spy.properties file you use?

Regards,

Trev
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-02-13T16:15:53Z  
    Hi I am also struggling with this problem. I was wondering if you could please supply me with your p6spy.jar file and also the p6spy.properties file you use?

Regards,

Trev
    I am also having difficulty.. Could you send me your p6spy.jar file and p6spy.properties file ?

Thanks,

Randy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-03-06T10:09:26Z  
    Hi Janet_Han,

greetins,
    Hi,

I'am currently having the same problem in my project. Could you please post your solution or cantact me?

Cheers,
    Klaus
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-03-06T13:07:20Z  
    Hi,

I'am currently having the same problem in my project. Could you please post your solution or cantact me?

Cheers,
    Klaus
    Found a simple solution for Oracle:

code
    package com.xyz.debug.sql;

import java.sql.SQLException;

import javax.sql.PooledConnection;
    import javax.sql.XAConnection;

import oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource;

import com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6PooledConnection;
    import com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver;
    import com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6XAConnection;

public class P6SpyOracleDataSource extends OracleXADataSource {

static {
    try {
    Class.forName(P6SpyDriver.class.getName());
    } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
    System.err.println("Could not initialize p6 spy!");
    }
    }

public P6SpyOracleDataSource() throws SQLException {
    super();
    }

/* (non-Javadoc)
    * @see javax.sql.XADataSource#getXAConnection()
    */
    public XAConnection getXAConnection() throws SQLException {
    return new P6XAConnection(super.getXAConnection());
    }

/* (non-Javadoc)
    * @see javax.sql.XADataSource#getXAConnection(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
    */
    public XAConnection getXAConnection(String arg0, String arg1) throws SQLException {
    return new P6XAConnection(super.getXAConnection(arg0, arg1));
    }

/* (non-Javadoc)
    * @see javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource#getPooledConnection()
    */
    public synchronized PooledConnection getPooledConnection() throws SQLException {
    return new P6PooledConnection(super.getPooledConnection());
    }

/* (non-Javadoc)
    * @see javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource#getPooledConnection(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
    */
    public synchronized PooledConnection getPooledConnection(String arg0, String arg1) throws SQLException {
    return new P6PooledConnection(super.getPooledConnection(arg0, arg1));
    }

}
    [/code]

Use this DataSource class along with p6spy.jar and ojdbc_14.jar. The spy.properties file should also be included in the classpath. No need to configure any properties such as realdatasource etc. Just add the URL property in WSAD datasource configuration to point at the correct Oracle database and set security credentials like you would if setting up an Oracle datasource.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-03-07T12:55:38Z  
    I am also having difficulty.. Could you send me your p6spy.jar file and p6spy.properties file ?

Thanks,

Randy
    Would any one help on configuring P6Spy driver with WSAD 5.1. Would any one send me the P6spy driver and the properties file related to P6SPY.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Karthik
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

There is a solution of P6SPY and Websphere

‏2006-03-07T14:33:27Z  
    P6SPY Driver: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W7QJ1R5H
    rsaexternal.jar : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1EUEXEB2

The spy properties configuration is the same as before. You must include rsaexternal.jar and p6spy.jar in your server runtime enviroment, ok? :) and spy.properties in your classpath.

If spy.properties is not found, put in your project the following code:

System.setProperty("p6.home","THE_PATH_TO_A_DIRECTORY_WHERE_IS_PS6SPY.PROPERTIES");

For example; System.setProperty("p6.home","c:\\spy"), and the path to spy.properties is C:/spy/spy.properties.
    If you use SQL Server, use com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource as the datasourcer real, and com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.WSConnectJDBCDataStoreHelper as the Data store helper.
    I hope to have been of aid, greetings
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

Re: There is a solution of P6SPY and Websphere

‏2006-04-07T14:53:18Z  

The spy properties configuration is the same as before. You must include rsaexternal.jar and p6spy.jar in your server runtime enviroment, ok? :) and spy.properties in your classpath.

System.setProperty("p6.home","THE_PATH_TO_A_DIRECTORY_WHERE_IS_PS6SPY.PROPERTIES");

For example; System.setProperty("p6.home","c:\\spy"), and the path to spy.properties is C:/spy/spy.properties.
    If you use SQL Server, use com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource as the datasourcer real, and com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.WSConnectJDBCDataStoreHelper as the Data store helper.
    Thanks so much for the spy.jar jar file.

I'm getting the following ClassNotFoundException .. Is there another file I need ?

4/7/06 10:38:02:309 EDT 6a538402 J2CXAResource E J2CA0036E: An exception occurred while invoking method setDataSourceProperties on com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.WSManagedConnectionFactoryImpl used by resource WC : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: usuario/LocalUtil

I'm using DB2 with WebSphere
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

Yes, sorry

‏2006-04-08T09:15:15Z  
    Thanks so much for the spy.jar jar file.

I'm getting the following ClassNotFoundException .. Is there another file I need ?

4/7/06 10:38:02:309 EDT 6a538402 J2CXAResource E J2CA0036E: An exception occurred while invoking method setDataSourceProperties on com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.WSManagedConnectionFactoryImpl used by resource WC : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: usuario/LocalUtil

I'm using DB2 with WebSphere
    i have changed more things on the driver, but i did not delete the imports on the classes. I have created a new jar without these imports.

p6spy.jar: http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=85CIGLM3

I hope this works fine.If you have any problem, contact me.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

THANKS !! ..DB2 Universal JDBC Driver Provider works !! (XA) Driver Fails

‏2006-04-10T20:43:28Z  
    i have changed more things on the driver, but i did not delete the imports on the classes. I have created a new jar without these imports.

Thanks so much for promptly sending a new jar..

With DB2 Universal JDBC Driver Provider everything works great on WAS 5.1 !!!!

With a DB2 XA driver I get following error :

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: DSRA9000E: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2XADataSource.getPooledConnection()
    Stack trace: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2XADataSource.getPooledConnection()
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

Re: THANKS !! ..DB2 Universal JDBC Driver Provider works !! (XA) Driver Fails

‏2006-04-11T07:49:10Z  
    Thanks so much for promptly sending a new jar..

With DB2 Universal JDBC Driver Provider everything works great on WAS 5.1 !!!!

With a DB2 XA driver I get following error :

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: DSRA9000E: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2XADataSource.getPooledConnection()
    Stack trace: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2XADataSource.getPooledConnection()
    Hi! :)

Yes, i think that it does not work because the data store helper for XA Driver or the XA Driver do not implement the method getPooledconnection().

Websphere calls this method when it wants to get a connection from the P6SPY datasource, and then P6SPY Driver also calls this method on the real datasource. if XA datasource does not have, then it throws the exception.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

Re: There is a solution of P6SPY and Websphere

‏2006-07-19T09:44:39Z  

Can we have sources of your patch somewhere? Or have you submitted the patch to p6spy? Thanks.
  • kaspar_ru
    kaspar_ru
    1 Post

Re: Yes, sorry

‏2006-11-22T11:20:03Z  

Jar has been deleted plz could anybody provide it again
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2009-05-11T03:26:15Z  
    Hi, Raiko, do you still have the patch code that made for P6spy? we can't download the jar file from the url which you gived.