Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-05-25T12:54:31Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2583 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can't reinstall a portlet

‏2005-12-27T14:25:27Z |
I'm messing around with the IBM RSS portlet that I downloaded and installed on an instance of WSE. I deleted all instances of the portlet, using the adminisitrators interface and tried to install in again, getting the error message posted below. It looks like I might need to clean out some of the portlet resurces before reinstalling the portlet but I'm not sure enough of that to go mucking around with the files. Some guidnance would be appreciated.

The error message:

APIN0003E: Cannot install the selected WAR file.
The details:

APIN0003E: Cannot install the selected WAR file.

com.ibm.portal.WpsException: APIN0003E: Cannot install the selected WAR file. at com.ibm.wps.portlets.install.InstallPortlet.doInstall(InstallPortlet.java:580) at com.ibm.wps.portlets.install.InstallPortlet.actionPerformed(InstallPortlet.java:292) at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.SPIPortletInterceptorImpl.handleEvents(SPIPortletInterceptorImpl.java:438) at org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.Portlet._dispatch(Portlet.java:794) at org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.Portlet.access$100(Portlet.java:88) at org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.Portlet$Context.callPortlet(Portlet.java:899) at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.cmpf.impl.PortletFilterManager.doFilter(PortletFilterManager.java:253) at org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.Portlet.dispatch(Portlet.java:636) at org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.Portlet.doGet(Portlet.java:510)

PEDM0001E: Error occurred. In the XML element portlet-app XSLT Portlet, the uid=com.ibm.wps.portlets.xslt already exists for stored abstract portlet application XSLT Portlet.

com.ibm.wps.command.applications.AppAlreadyExistsException: PEDM0001E: Error occurred. In the XML element portlet-app XSLT Portlet, the uid=com.ibm.wps.portlets.xslt already exists for stored abstract portlet application XSLT Portlet. at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.AbstractApplicationsCommand.throwPortletAppMgrException(AbstractApplicationsCommand.java:367) at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.InstallPortletApplicationCommand.execute(InstallPortletApplicationCommand.java:185) at com.ibm.wps.portlets.install.InstallPortlet.doInstall(InstallPortlet.java:523) at com.ibm.wps.portlets.install.InstallPortlet.actionPerformed(InstallPortlet.java:292) at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.SPIPortletInterceptorImpl.handleEvents(SPIPortletInterceptorImpl.java:438) at org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.Portlet._dispatch(Portlet.java:794) at org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.Portlet.access$100(Portlet.java:88) at org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.Portlet$Context.callPortlet(Portlet.java:899) at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.cmpf.impl.PortletFilterManager.doFilter(PortletFilterManager.java:253)

PEDM0001E: Error occurred. In the XML element portlet-app XSLT Portlet, the uid=com.ibm.wps.portlets.xslt already exists for stored abstract portlet application XSLT Portlet.
com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.exceptions.DuplicateAppException: PEDM0001E: Error occurred. In the XML element portlet-app XSLT Portlet, the uid=com.ibm.wps.portlets.xslt already exists for stored abstract portlet application XSLT Portlet. at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.legacy.DeploymentManagerV4Impl.checkIfGUIDExists(DeploymentManagerV4Impl.java:680) at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.legacy.DeploymentManagerV4Impl.checkGUIDs(DeploymentManagerV4Impl.java:597) at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.install(AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.java:382) at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.PortletApplicationManagerImpl.installWebModule(PortletApplicationManagerImpl.java:720) at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.PortletApplicationManagerImpl.installWebModule(PortletApplicationManagerImpl.java:581) at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.InstallPortletApplicationCommand.execute(InstallPortletApplicationCommand.java:172) at com.ibm.wps.portlets.install.InstallPortlet.doInstall(InstallPortlet.java:523) at com.ibm.wps.portlets.install.InstallPortlet.actionPerformed(InstallPortlet.java:292) at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.SPIPortletInterceptorImpl.handleEvents(SPIPortletInterceptorImpl.java:438)

Updated on 2010-05-25T12:54:31Z at 2010-05-25T12:54:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can't reinstall a portlet

‏2005-12-29T19:31:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

I suspect that you've removed individual instances of the RSS portlet, but have not removed the actual portlet application ( xslt.war ).

Go into the Administration portlet, click on Portlets and then click on Manage Applications. Scroll down the list until you see xslt.war and then click the Uninstall button.

Hope this helps

Dave Hay
    david_hay@uk.ibm.com
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2583 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-05T10:31:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Change the uid (uid=com.ibm.wps.portlets.xslt )'s value to non-existing id...
      i.e. uid=com.ibm.wps.portlets.xxxx
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-25T12:54:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Change the uid (uid=com.ibm.wps.portlets.xslt )'s value to non-existing id...
    i.e. uid=com.ibm.wps.portlets.xxxx

Regards,
    Anadi KUMAR
    Software Engineer | HSBC Technology and Services - Global Technology
    HSBC Software Development (India) Limited,GLT 4.0 - Panchshil Tech. Park, Block D, S.No. 19, Hissa 2A/11/2, Yerawada, Pune, 411006.
    India.

Mobile:+91 99822622054
    Email: anadikumar@hsbc.co.in
    Email: anadikumar@gmail.com