Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2005-11-01T19:20:46Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
14225 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Reverse Engineering using RSA with C++ code

‏2005-10-28T00:27:51Z |
I have about 300 interelated C++ classes in a file directory structure and I have imported into a RSA project thinking that I could use some tool feature to look through these C++ header files (spread across the file system) and build a UML class diagram by reverse engineering or atleast could visualize into a simple class diagram with all relations extracted from these files.

All I can do is to visualize individually one CLASS at a time by right-clicking on each class. Is there a way I can have the tool look at all my C++ header files and create a class diagram all at once?

Any help or suggestion in these aspect will be greatly helpful.

Cheers,
Paban Sarma
Updated on 2005-11-01T19:20:46Z at 2005-11-01T19:20:46Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Reverse Engineering using RSA with C++ code

‏2005-10-28T15:36:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

You should be able to create a blank vizualization diagram (off the RC menu), open the diagram, then just drag all the headers from the package explorer onto the diagram drawing surface.

Steve
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      14225 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-10-28T18:48:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply. I am able to drag and drop the classes individually from the browser into the drawing but they do not create the relations. One third of the classes are base classes and rest are inherited from them. I was looking at ways to create the class relationships using the tool. Unless I am missing something I can not see how I can create the relationships among these elements.

Can you guide me more specifically, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Paban
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        14225 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-11-01T19:20:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        If you multi select in the package explorer (shift click), then drag them all onto the diagram (in one go)- then any relationships between the elements should be displayed.

You might also find that its worth looking at topic and browse diagrams. Easiest bet is to look in the help. Browse diagrams will allow you to navigate around the code visuaziations navigating down relationships, and topic diagrams will give you inheritance diagrams if that is what you're after.

Steve