• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2007-01-10T13:54:53Z by SystemAdmin
ttkong
ttkong
2 Posts

Pinned topic Derby plug-in

‏2005-10-06T03:30:58Z |
Hi all,

I have followed the instruction to install the Derby plug-in stated in Building Web Applications with Eclipse, WTP, and Derby(http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0509cline/?ca=dgr-lnxw09WebApps).

I have moved Derby Core and UI plug-in zip files into the eclipse home directory. But not able to access the Derby Plug-ins User Guide and the add the Apache Derby nature.

I have verifed that the following folders already resides in eclipse plug-in folder:

org.apache.derby.ui_1.1.0
org.apache.derby.plugin.doc_1.1.0
org.apache.derby.core_10.1.1

Can anyone advise what went wrong and how to verify and toubleshoot the problem?

Billion thanks.

Rgrds,
TTKong

Updated on 2007-01-10T13:54:53Z at 2007-01-10T13:54:53Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1525 Posts

Re: Derby plug-in

‏2005-10-06T15:49:38Z  
    Hi,

If those folders are in the ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins directory you should be able to see the help for the Derby plug-ins.

Are you using the Eclipse 3.1 GA release?

To access the help have you tried Help >> Help Contents,
    and looked for the Derby Plug-ins User Guide in the left
    frame?

Also, when you say you can not access the Apache Derby nature - when you create a Java project and right-click it, do you see it as a menu item down towards the bottom?

If you have tried this, and are using Eclipse 3.1 GA (it can not be an earlier version of Eclipse) try launching Eclipse with the -clean argument.

For instance, from a windows environment:

C:\eclipse_install_dir> eclipse -clean

Please let me know if that helps. If not, please send me the .log file from the .metadata directory in your workspace.

Regards,

Susan
  • ttkong
    ttkong
    2 Posts

‏2005-10-07T08:55:45Z  
    Hi,

If those folders are in the ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins directory you should be able to see the help for the Derby plug-ins.

frame?

Also, when you say you can not access the Apache Derby nature - when you create a Java project and right-click it, do you see it as a menu item down towards the bottom?

If you have tried this, and are using Eclipse 3.1 GA (it can not be an earlier version of Eclipse) try launching Eclipse with the -clean argument.

Please let me know if that helps. If not, please send me the .log file from the .metadata directory in your workspace.

Regards,

Susan
    Hi Susan,

Thanks for your kind assistance. I am using the following download:

- wtp_all_in_one-0.7-win32.zip (downloaded from http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R-0.7-200507290654/) that contains eclipse SDK Ver 3.1.0 and WTP
    - derby_core_plugin 10.1.1 (derby_core_plugin_10.1.1.zip)
    - derby_ui_plugin_1.1.0 (derby_ui_plugin_1.1.0.zip)
    - Apache Tomcat 5.5.9 (jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9.zip)
    - JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (jakarta-taglibs-standard-1.1.2)
    - JDK 1.5.0 / JDK 1.4.2

I had tried all the steps but still not be able to see Derby Plug-ins User Guide in Help Contents, and Apache Derby nature when right-clicking Java project.

FYI, I have successfully installed the above in my notebook (which using JDK1.5.0) but it failed when installed at home PC with similar spec.

I had tried to re-installed SDK 1.4.2 and all the tools, but the results are the same.

I will try once again and will send you the .log file later.

Thank you very much.

Best Rgrds,
    TTKong

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1525 Posts

‏2005-11-22T23:45:23Z  
    Hi,

frame?

Regards,

Susan
    Hi Susan,

I had the exact problem described by the original poster, and it was solved with a -clean initialization.

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1525 Posts

‏2005-11-28T17:06:51Z  
    Hi Susan,

I had the exact problem described by the original poster, and it was solved with a -clean initialization.

Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Hopefully the original poster will see the information you provided.

Susan
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1525 Posts

‏2007-01-10T13:54:53Z  
    Hi Susan,

Thanks
    this worked for me as well. I just found my shortcut to RSA and inserted the option -clean in it:

D:\IBM\SDP70\eclipse.exe -clean -refresh -product com.ibm.rational.rsa.product.ide -vmargs

then once it was working I removed it from the shortcut (to reduce startup time). I suspect it might be useful to create a new separate shortcut that has the clean in it for the next time I want to add plugins without features or update site content.