4 replies Latest Post - ‏2005-09-27T17:35:59Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
210 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Linux: CodeRuler execution stops in splash screen

‏2005-09-20T07:04:09Z |
Hi,

I am trying to run CodeRuler (IBMGamesPkg_3.0.0.2.zip) on Eclipse SDK 3.1.0 for Linux (Mandrake 10.1) with GTK, build id: I20050627-1435. I am using JRE 1.5.0

I managed to install it and create a project but when I hit the "Run against samples" button the execution stops in the splash screen and doesn't show the dialog for selecting opponents.

On the console I get the following messages (no errors)

/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/gamesPlugin.jar file:/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/gamesPlugin.jar
/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRuler.jar file:/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRuler.jar
/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRally.jar file:/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRally.jar
/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/games.jar file:/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/games.jar
Loading CodeRally from /home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRally.jar

BTW, this problem doesn't show up when running the same version of CodeRuler on the same version of Eclipse but for Windows.

Tanks in advance for your help

José Paulo Leal
Updated on 2005-09-27T17:35:59Z at 2005-09-27T17:35:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • deboer
    deboer
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Linux: CodeRuler execution stops in splash screen

‏2005-09-21T02:10:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi José,

Do you have a 1.4 JRE that you could try? The only possibility that I can think of is due to the security changes in Java 5.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      210 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-09-26T14:43:02Z  in response to deboer
      With j2sdk 1.4.2 I get the following errors on the console

IBM Gaming v3.0.1
      /home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/gamesPlugin.jar file:/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/gamesPlugin.jar
      /home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRuler.jar file:/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRuler.jar
      /home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRally.jar file:/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRally.jar
      /home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/games.jar file:/home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/games.jar
      Loading CodeRuler from /home/zp/packages/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games_3.0.0.2/CodeRuler.jar
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: MyRuler (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:448)
      at com.ibm.jgfw.internal.util.SecureClassLoader.loadClassImpl(SecureClassLoader.java:57)
      at com.ibm.jgfw.internal.util.SecureClassLoader.loadClass(SecureClassLoader.java:121)
      at com.ibm.coderuler.PlayerLogic.loadClass(PlayerLogic.java:45)
      at com.ibm.coderuler.PlayerLogic.<init>(PlayerLogic.java:39)
      at com.ibm.coderuler.RulerSkin.getPlayers(RulerSkin.java:272)
      at com.ibm.jgfw.internal.ui.OpponentSelectionFrame.<init>(OpponentSelectionFrame.java:202)
      at com.ibm.jgfw.internal.ui.OpponentSelectionFrame.getPlayers(OpponentSelectionFrame.java:384)
      at com.ibm.jgfw.Launcher.getPlayers(Launcher.java:271)
      at com.ibm.jgfw.Launcher.playSyncTournament(Launcher.java:261)
      at com.ibm.jgfw.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:225)
      at com.ibm.jgfw.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:160)
      • deboer
        deboer
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-09-26T19:43:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,
        This error appears to be because your MyRuler is still compiled using JDK 1.5. Since the Java bytecode has changed in JDK 1.5, you'll need to recompile your class using 1.4 to allow it to run on a 1.4 JDK.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          210 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-09-27T17:35:59Z  in response to deboer
          I set JDK 1.4.2 as default JRE before creating the CodeRuler project, I edited the MyRuler class before running and I even executed the Project Clean ... command to rebuild the project from scratch with JDK 1.4. The result is always the same. Could you suggest something different to ensure that I am compiling with JDK 1.4? Could it be that other classes of CodeRuler are compiled with JDK 1.5 and cannot load MyRuler in JDK 1.4 bytecodes?

Thanks for your help.

José Paulo Leal