SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
24948 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic must not have a reference EntityDef associated with them;

‏2005-06-29T17:36:37Z |
Saving the work...
Validating Schema...
EntityDef "a_Note", FieldDef "Submit_Date": Fields of type DATE_TIME must not have a reference EntityDef associated with them; this FieldDef has the EntityDef "attachments" associated with it.

what the hell does this mean? I don't see where anything is linked to this new dat_time field I created in my stateless new table
  • klhoang
    klhoang
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: must not have a reference EntityDef associated with them;

‏2013-07-03T21:37:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I am having the same issue and is looking for the solution.  Thanks.

• DonaldN
      DonaldN
      213 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-04T01:21:28Z  in response to klhoang

Wow, you responded to an eight-year-old post and expected a solution? You need to provide more details about your issue for others to help you.

The error (in the OP) indicates that the field is messed up, probably turned from REFERENCE type to DATE_TIME type. So if possible, remove the field and add it back with the correct type.

• klhoang
        klhoang
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-05T16:37:44Z  in response to DonaldN

In stead of create a new one, I would rather to reply to old one to find the solution; this way, when we search for the problem, we don't see many junk data that's not usable.  Anyway, delete and recreate the fieldsolve the issue; however, I still don't understand what caused it.

I create a field "Resolution_ECD" Field type DATE_TIME; after added it to the form and "Test Work" I got that error message above.  I did not have any hook code nor any code, neither any association with that field.

Thanks for the reply.