Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-04-06T11:26:15Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
11979 Posts

Pinned topic Migrate workspace from WSAD 5.1 to RAD 6.0

‏2005-05-06T14:39:34Z |
We migrated workspace from WSAD 5.1 to RAD 6.0 and rebuild our J2EE 1.2 application successfully. However exporting WAR file failed using RAD 6.0 wizard even though web.xml located under WEB-INF folder. web.xml references the dtd's for 2.2.
Apprently when I try to open web.xml using deployment descriptior editor, I am getting following message:
The selected input is not valid for this type of editor. Redirecting to the XML editor.

Here is the trace:
com.ibm.wtp.common.wft.util.WFTWrappedException: Error exportingWar File
com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.SaveFailureException
!Stack_trace_of_nested_exce!
com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.OpenFailureException: IWAE0006E Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptor can not be found (case sensitive): WEB-INF/web.xml
at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.CommonarchiveFactoryImpl.openSpecificArchive(CommonarchiveFactoryImpl.java:724)
at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.CommonarchiveFactoryImpl.openWARFile(CommonarchiveFactoryImpl.java:757)
at com.ibm.iwt.archive.wb.operations.WARExportOperation.createModuleFile(WARExportOperation.java:63)
at com.ibm.iwt.archive.wb.operations.WARExportOperation.exportWarProject(WARExportOperation.java:87)
at com.ibm.iwt.archive.wb.operations.WARExportOperation.export(WARExportOperation.java:77)
at com.ibm.etools.archive.j2ee.operations.J2EEExportOperation.execute(J2EEExportOperation.java:64)
at com.ibm.wtp.common.operation.WTPOperation.doRun(WTPOperation.java:242)
at com.ibm.wtp.common.operation.WTPOperation$1.run(WTPOperation.java:168)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1673)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1693)
at com.ibm.wtp.common.operation.WTPOperation.run(WTPOperation.java:186)
at com.ibm.wtp.common.ui.RunnableWithProgressWrapper.run(RunnableWithProgressWrapper.java:62)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:303)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:253)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:752)
at com.ibm.wtp.common.ui.wizard.WTPWizard.performFinish(WTPWizard.java:62)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:609)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:305)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:506)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java(Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java(Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java(Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java(Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java(Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:648)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.ExportResourcesAction.run(ExportResourcesAction.java:160)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(BaseSelectionListenerAction.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:915)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:866)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$7.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:785)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java(Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java(Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java(Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java(Compiled Code))
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1348)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:254)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:141)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:96)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)

Any help.

Thanks
Mat
Updated on 2010-04-06T11:26:15Z at 2010-04-06T11:26:15Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

Re: Migrate workspace from WSAD 5.1 to RAD 6.0

‏2006-01-18T13:54:27Z  
    Yeah, I'm having this exact problem, I get this message when publishing/starting the WAS 6.0 instance I have RAD 6 deploying to. What I know so far is that this has something to do with websphere 6's profile system. I think it may be attempting to read the cache in the websphere profile on my server and erroring out. But that's only a theory and it is the only thing I know.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-02-14T13:19:20Z  
    I have met the same problem in the RAD 6.0 platform.
    The default editor cannot open the web.xml file.
    besides, I had ever met other file association problems before, just as cannot open a wsdd file with the wsdd editor. instead, the wsdd file was opened with the text editor.

Is there any suggestion for such file association problems?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2006-09-12T15:33:09Z  
    I am migrating my application from WSAD 5.1 to RAD 6.0 as well and have problem with the same error.

com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.OpenFailureException: IWAE0006E Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptor can not be found (case sensitive): WEB-INF/web.xml

Has anyone resolved that issue?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2007-09-20T13:47:28Z  
    I am migrating my application from WSAD 5.1 to RAD 6.0 as well and have problem with the same error.

Has anyone resolved that issue?
    Hi,

I have the same issue i.e. IWAE0006E Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptor can not be found (case sensitive): WEB-INF/web.xml.

Can anyone help me out ?

Thanks in advance
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2010-04-06T11:26:15Z  
    Hi,

I have the same issue i.e. IWAE0006E Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptor can not be found (case sensitive): WEB-INF/web.xml.

Can anyone help me out ?

Thanks in advance
    Hi All,

Please have a look at the below link :-
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21255956

The suggested solution works like a charm.

One needs to just delete the unwanted entry from file org.eclipse.wst.common.component present at MyProject/.settings/

Regards,
    Darshan Shroff
    shroffdarshan@gmail.com