Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2005-11-22T20:36:25Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
14225 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to subversion respository?

‏2004-10-03T14:59:44Z |

I am using WSAD 5.1.2 and would like to access Subversion repository
1.0.x, just like Eclipse does. I hope someone could help me whether
there is any plug-in is needed and how to configure WSAD 5.1.2 to access
Subversion repository.

Thanks a lot.

John Mok
Updated on 2005-11-22T20:36:25Z at 2005-11-22T20:36:25Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

    Re: How to subversion respository?

    ‏2004-10-03T15:15:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    John Mok wrote:
    >
    > I am using WSAD 5.1.2 and would like to access Subversion repository
    > 1.0.x, just like Eclipse does. I hope someone could help me whether
    > there is any plug-in is needed and how to configure WSAD 5.1.2 to access
    > Subversion repository.
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > John Mok

    A VERY cursory search leads me to http://subclipse.tigris.org where
    you might get a subversion plugin for Eclipse 2.1.

    Mike
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      14225 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

      Re: How to subversion respository?

      ‏2004-10-04T11:26:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin

      I did try the plug-in from http://subclipse.tigris.org. However, the
      directory of WSAD 5.1.2 is different from the documentation of
      Subsclipse plug-in for Eclipse 2.1, and I followed the instructions and
      tried to unzip the zip package into the following directories,

      C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio
      C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\eclipse
      C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application Developer\v5.1.2
      C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application Developer\v5.1.2\eclipse

      but all have no luck. Please help me how to install the plug-in into
      WSAD5.1.2

      Thank you, John Mok
      M.Hockings wrote:
      > John Mok wrote:
      >
      >>
      >> I am using WSAD 5.1.2 and would like to access Subversion repository
      >> 1.0.x, just like Eclipse does. I hope someone could help me whether
      >> there is any plug-in is needed and how to configure WSAD 5.1.2 to
      >> access Subversion repository.
      >>
      >> Thanks a lot.
      >>
      >> John Mok
      >
      >
      > A VERY cursory search leads me to http://subclipse.tigris.org where
      > you might get a subversion plugin for Eclipse 2.1.
      >
      > Mike
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        14225 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

        Re: How to subversion respository?

        ‏2004-10-04T12:12:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        John Mok wrote:
        >
        > I did try the plug-in from http://subclipse.tigris.org. However, the
        > directory of WSAD 5.1.2 is different from the documentation of
        > Subsclipse plug-in for Eclipse 2.1, and I followed the instructions and
        > tried to unzip the zip package into the following directories,
        >
        > C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio
        > C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\eclipse
        > C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application Developer\v5.1.2
        > C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application Developer\v5.1.2\eclipse
        >
        > but all have no luck. Please help me how to install the plug-in into
        > WSAD5.1.2
        >
        > Thank you, John Mok

        Hmmm, I thought the instructions on the site are ok, though you have to
        interpret a bit. Keep in mind I don't use subversion and this does not
        install subversion you need to obtain and install that separately.

        Looks like you had a previous version of WSAD or something installed,
        the 5.1.2 directory is the one you want I think

        For Windows get the .zip file from
        http://subclipse.tigris.org/files/documents/906/13512/org.tigris.subversion.subclipse_0.9.3.1.zip
        and unpack it, lets say, into your c:\ directory.

        End WSAD
        Then copy the contents of

        c:\org.tigris.subversion.subclipse_0.9.3.1\eclipse\plugins

        into

        C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application
        Developer\v5.1.2\eclipse\plugins

        Well, at least when I did the above I had the option of creating a new
        SVNExplorer perspective, though I don't have subversion installed so it
        won't load.

        Q.E.D.

        Mike
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          14225 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

          Re: How to subversion respository?

          ‏2004-10-05T15:06:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hello Mike,

          Yes, you are correct. My installation is a little messy, that I have
          installed included WSAD5.1.2, WSDD 5.5.x and others. After I have copied
          the following DLLs from the zipped package to the win2k system32
          directory :-

          libdb42.dll
          libeay32.dll
          ssleay32.dll

          Now the subclipse plug-in works perfectly in WSAD5.1.2.

          Thank you very much.

          John Mok
          >
          > Hmmm, I thought the instructions on the site are ok, though you have to
          > interpret a bit. Keep in mind I don't use subversion and this does not
          > install subversion you need to obtain and install that separately.
          >
          > Looks like you had a previous version of WSAD or something installed,
          > the 5.1.2 directory is the one you want I think
          >
          > For Windows get the .zip file from
          > http://subclipse.tigris.org/files/documents/906/13512/org.tigris.subversion.subclipse_0.9.3.1.zip
          >
          > and unpack it, lets say, into your c:\ directory.
          >
          > End WSAD
          > Then copy the contents of
          >
          > c:\org.tigris.subversion.subclipse_0.9.3.1\eclipse\plugins
          >
          > into
          >
          > C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application
          > Developer\v5.1.2\eclipse\plugins
          >
          > Well, at least when I did the above I had the option of creating a new
          > SVNExplorer perspective, though I don't have subversion installed so it
          > won't load.
          >
          > Q.E.D.
          >
          > Mike
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            14225 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

            Re: How to subversion respository?

            ‏2004-10-05T18:22:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            John Mok wrote:
            > Hello Mike,
            >
            > Yes, you are correct. My installation is a little messy, that I have
            > installed included WSAD5.1.2, WSDD 5.5.x and others. After I have copied
            > the following DLLs from the zipped package to the win2k system32
            > directory :-
            >
            > libdb42.dll
            > libeay32.dll
            > ssleay32.dll
            >
            > Now the subclipse plug-in works perfectly in WSAD5.1.2.
            >
            > Thank you very much.
            >
            > John Mok
            Good, glad to hear you got it going.
            I think Eclipse needs some sort of installer/uninstaller (maybe such a
            thing exists, I don't know) so that plugin authors can provide an easy
            way to add or remove their plugins.

            Mike
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          14225 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

          Re: How to subversion respository?

          ‏2005-03-23T14:25:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          You have to install Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org) and your PATH variable must include the path to the svn.exe. Look at my short instrauctions at:
          http://dev.kanngard.net/Permalinks/ID_20050323154345.html
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            14225 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

            Re: How to subversion respository?

            ‏2005-11-22T20:36:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I've done all the steps you describe in http://dev.kanngard.net/Permalinks/ID_20050323154345.html, but i can't run it in my installation. Is it possible running WSAD 4.0.3 and the Subversion plugin?