Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-12-09T16:32:56Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1479 Posts

Pinned topic [IBM][SQLServer JDBC Driver]This driver is locked for use with embedded applications.

‏2004-10-06T15:21:06Z |
Hi everybody!

I just updated to Wdsc v 5.1.2 and I started playing with the JSF wizards.
When I try to run a page that has a Relational Record or a Relational Record List I get this darn error :

IBMSQLServer JDBC DriverThis driver is locked for use with embedded applications.

The help files warn about this error and advice to select the right helper file for the driver. ( MS-SQL SERVER + websphere Connect JDBC DRIVER)
BUT, there is no way to select that in the JSF wizard!!!
Any suggestions??

Thanks,

PS: The stored procedures dont show up either for the db connection. How can I can I see them too?
Updated on 2010-12-09T16:32:56Z at 2010-12-09T16:32:56Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1479 Posts

Re: [IBM][SQLServer JDBC Driver]This driver is locked for use with embedded applications.

‏2004-10-28T13:46:55Z  
    This may or may not help you.

If you use the WebSphere Embedded Connect JDBC driver for Microsoft SQL Server, you must use the proper DataStoreHelper class. If you use an incorrect DataStoreHelper class, either of the following exceptions might occur:

java.sql.SQLException: IBMSQLServer JDBC DriverThis driver is locked for use with embedded applications.
    at com.ibm.websphere.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.websphere.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.websphere.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.validatedUnlocked(Unknown Source)

java.sql.SQLException: IBMSQLServer JDBC Driver?}???h???C?o???A?????????A?v???P?[?V?????????g?p?????b?N???????E?B

The correct DataStoreHelper class for the WebSphere Embedded Connect JDBC driver for Microsoft SQL Server and WebSphere Embedded Connect JDBC driver for Microsoft SQL Server (XA) providers is com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.WSConnectJDBCDataStoreHelper.

Try using this JDBC driver and see if that helps.

Amy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1479 Posts

Re: [IBM][SQLServer JDBC Driver]This driver is locked for use with embedded applications.

‏2004-11-05T14:53:48Z  
    This may or may not help you.

If you use the WebSphere Embedded Connect JDBC driver for Microsoft SQL Server, you must use the proper DataStoreHelper class. If you use an incorrect DataStoreHelper class, either of the following exceptions might occur:

java.sql.SQLException: IBMSQLServer JDBC DriverThis driver is locked for use with embedded applications.

java.sql.SQLException: IBMSQLServer JDBC Driver?}???h???C?o???A?????????A?v???P?[?V?????????g?p?????b?N???????E?B

The correct DataStoreHelper class for the WebSphere Embedded Connect JDBC driver for Microsoft SQL Server and WebSphere Embedded Connect JDBC driver for Microsoft SQL Server (XA) providers is com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.WSConnectJDBCDataStoreHelper.

Try using this JDBC driver and see if that helps.

Amy

Thanks for the reply.
    The problem is that there is not place in the JSF wizard where you can change the DataStoreHelper.
    Could it be changed manually in some xml file? If yes, which one ?

m
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1479 Posts

‏2004-11-09T16:41:01Z  

Thanks for the reply.
    The problem is that there is not place in the JSF wizard where you can change the DataStoreHelper.
    Could it be changed manually in some xml file? If yes, which one ?

m
    The workaround suggested is only when connecting to the database using a datasource.

On version 5.1.* when using the SQL Server, the default way of connecting to the database is not datasource but driver manager, and you cannot specify the datastore helper there.
    Try creating the datasource on the server, then create a resource ref in web.xml that maps to the data source, then configure the Record/List go to Runtime properties and change it to Datasource, provide the resource ref name.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1479 Posts

‏2005-02-09T17:29:46Z  
    The workaround suggested is only when connecting to the database using a datasource.

On version 5.1.* when using the SQL Server, the default way of connecting to the database is not datasource but driver manager, and you cannot specify the datastore helper there.
    Try creating the datasource on the server, then create a resource ref in web.xml that maps to the data source, then configure the Record/List go to Runtime properties and change it to Datasource, provide the resource ref name.
    I am using sql server 2000, websphere version 5.0
    websphere connect JDBC driver.
    In data perspective i am able to retrieve and send the data to the data perspective,but in a web perspective i created a jsp page
    (<db:driverManagerSpec id='Con1'
    driver="com.ibm.websphere.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"
    url="jdbc:ibm:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=samp"
    userid="adh" password="adh"/>)

trying to link data to a form i get the following error:

IBMSQLServer JDBC DriverThis driver is locked for use
    with embedded applications.

about a datasource helper file,
    com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.WSConnectJDBCDataStoreHelper
    where do I get this and what do i do with it??
    I am new to websphere pl. advise.
    Thanks,
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1479 Posts

‏2005-10-17T07:08:04Z  
    I am using sql server 2000, websphere version 5.0
    websphere connect JDBC driver.
    In data perspective i am able to retrieve and send the data to the data perspective,but in a web perspective i created a jsp page
    (<db:driverManagerSpec id='Con1'
    driver="com.ibm.websphere.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"
    url="jdbc:ibm:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=samp"
    userid="adh" password="adh"/>)

trying to link data to a form i get the following error:

IBMSQLServer JDBC DriverThis driver is locked for use
    with embedded applications.

about a datasource helper file,
    com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.WSConnectJDBCDataStoreHelper
    where do I get this and what do i do with it??
    I am new to websphere pl. advise.
    Thanks,
    hello there
    have you got the solution?
    where exactly shoud be this redefinition of class wrtiten
    and what else needs the man do to make it work
    thank for your reply
    ig
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1479 Posts

‏2010-12-09T16:32:56Z  
    hello there
    have you got the solution?
    where exactly shoud be this redefinition of class wrtiten
    and what else needs the man do to make it work
    thank for your reply
    ig

NOTICE:

IT IS A VIOLATION OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT TO USE THE DRIVER OUTSIDE OF IBM WEBSPHERE APPLICATION SERVER.

THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE HAS BEEN REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH THIS NOTICE BY THE FORUM ADMINISTRATOR.

Edited by: admin on Dec 9, 2010 9:05 AM

Edited by: admin on Dec 9, 2010 11:32 AM
    Updated on 2010-12-09T16:32:56Z at 2010-12-09T16:32:56Z by SystemAdmin