Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-06-03T10:07:43Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
11979 Posts

Pinned topic Inconsistent Transaction and XA Resource recovery logs

‏2004-07-05T14:01:31Z |
When starting the built-in WAS I'm getting a << Inconsistent Transaction and XA Resource recovery logs >> error.
I have found the following article
<< http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0403_beaton/beaton.html >>
This article contains the following Q & A.
<<
Question: When I start my server1 (default server), I am getting the error message: "Exception caught during transaction service recovery! javax.transaction.SystemException: java.io.IOException: Inconsistent Transaction and XA Resource recovery logs." What could be the reason?
Answer: In general, these issues should be worked through the support system. However, what probably happened is that WebSphere Application Server was killed in the middle of one or more transactions. Now that the application server is restarting, it is trying to recover those transactions. The short term answer is to delete or rename the tranlog* files in the tranlog directory. This makes WebSphere Application Server stop trying to recover the transactions.
>>
Is the solution proposed here for WAS applicable for WSAD, if so where would I find the transaction log!

Thanks
Martin
Updated on 2011-06-03T10:07:43Z at 2011-06-03T10:07:43Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

Re: Inconsistent Transaction and XA Resource recovery logs

‏2004-07-17T23:47:03Z  
    I encountered the same problem with WSAD 5.1 earlier today and was saddened to see your post didn't have an answer.

After some poking around on my computer, I found the tranlog directory. On my machine, its in WSAD workbench directory\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.etools.server.core\tmp0. There should be a directory there named the same as your server. Delete it or rename it, and you should be back in business.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2004-07-19T15:02:24Z  
    Yes the solution is applicable to WSAD too.
    And you can find your tranlog files in your .metadate file in your workspace. go to you workspace and do a search for tran* on your .metadata file you will see all the tranlog files and just delete the logs inside those files
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2004-08-03T15:08:59Z  
    I have found similar problem while starting the WebSphere (V5.1) on ATG Platform (V6.3). After deleting the tranlog folder, I noticed the problem got fixed.

Thanks for suggesting the solution.

Kishore
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2004-08-30T15:19:06Z  
    I deleted the logs out of the tranlog folder and server1 started fine. I applied the PQ80441 fix from IBM and server1 started fine. I put the old log files back with the fix applied and server fails to start. I guess this fix works going forward and not with the old tranaction logs.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    11979 Posts

‏2011-06-03T10:07:43Z  
    I encountered the same problem with WSAD 5.1 earlier today and was saddened to see your post didn't have an answer.

After some poking around on my computer, I found the tranlog directory. On my machine, its in WSAD workbench directory\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.etools.server.core\tmp0. There should be a directory there named the same as your server. Delete it or rename it, and you should be back in business.
    fine my server started after deleting files inside tmp0 folder..thanks a lot