Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2002-04-02T20:16:08Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3659 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Practical Class DIagrams

‏2002-04-02T18:58:23Z |
I've reverse engineered a moderate sized application into Rose. I'm trying to find a way to create useable Class diagrams from the imported classes.

1) A diagram in each package doesn't make much sense as they don't show relationships with other classes that call them.
2) One all-encompassing diagram would be too complex to create and read.
3) Attempt to produce logical subgroupings to both reflect functional class groups and to maintain readability.

I think option #3 is probably the right answer, but I don't have a good idea of how to proceed. Any suggestions or document pointers on how to define these groups?
Updated on 2002-04-02T20:16:08Z at 2002-04-02T20:16:08Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

re: Practical Class DIagrams

‏2002-04-02T19:04:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Charles,

Dont know if you have had occasion to use the Query->Expand Selected Elements facility in Rose. If you drop a class on a diagram, select it and do a Query->Expand Selected Elements you can bring classes in to the diagram that have any relationship to the selected classes and classes that have any relation to those classes etc. etc. to as many levels as you want (I would recommend against expanding indefintely though as that tends to clutter the diagrams).

Vishu