Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2002-08-02T22:48:34Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3659 Posts

Pinned topic Error Resolving qualified name Design occurred in File ...

‏2002-05-17T23:04:54Z |
Hi !

I get the following error when I try to reverse engineer my java source code :

16:00:54| Error Resolving qualified name Design occurred in File ...

I am sure Design is not a class defined in my code . I have rt.jar and j2ee.jar in my classpath.
Updated on 2002-08-02T22:48:34Z at 2002-08-02T22:48:34Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts

re: Error Resolving qualified name Design occurred in File ...

‏2002-05-17T23:12:49Z  
    Hi Vinita,

What file is Rose complaing about? Search that file for the word 'Design'. It does not have to be a attribute of that class type defined in the code. It could be an import statement or somthing like that as well.

Regards

Vishu
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts

‏2002-05-17T23:28:11Z  
    Hi Vinita,

What file is Rose complaing about? Search that file for the word 'Design'. It does not have to be a attribute of that class type defined in the code. It could be an import statement or somthing like that as well.

Regards

Vishu
    Hello Vishu !

Thank you for such a quick reply !

This error occurs in one of my java files( application specific ) . However, "Design" does not appear in the form of an attribute, an import statement in any of the files in the application nor in the libraries it links too .
    It most probably has to be a classpath problem right ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts

‏2002-05-17T23:33:44Z  
    Hello Vishu !

Thank you for such a quick reply !

This error occurs in one of my java files( application specific ) . However, "Design" does not appear in the form of an attribute, an import statement in any of the files in the application nor in the libraries it links too .
    It most probably has to be a classpath problem right ?
    Vinita,

Are you able to send me the .java file that Rose is complaining about? Or is it propreitary? When you did a search of the java file did you find the word 'Design' anywhere?

Vishu
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts

‏2002-05-17T23:44:49Z  
    Vinita,

Are you able to send me the .java file that Rose is complaining about? Or is it propreitary? When you did a search of the java file did you find the word 'Design' anywhere?

Vishu
    Yes , the code is proprietary . The word Design is not even present as a comment in this file !

The intriguing thing is , I successfully reverse engineered this file before , then for some reason my Rose crashed and I am trying to re-attempt this ...
    Will running JDK AutoSearch in the Project Specification window resolve this name ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts

‏2002-05-17T23:47:21Z  
    Yes , the code is proprietary . The word Design is not even present as a comment in this file !

The intriguing thing is , I successfully reverse engineered this file before , then for some reason my Rose crashed and I am trying to re-attempt this ...
    Will running JDK AutoSearch in the Project Specification window resolve this name ?
    Yes. Thats definitely worth a try.

Also, would it be possible for you to copy and paste the error message into a text file and send that to me at aviswana@rational.com?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts

Class Diagram not Appearing in Reverse Engineering

‏2002-08-02T22:29:16Z  
    Yes. Thats definitely worth a try.

Also, would it be possible for you to copy and paste the error message into a text file and send that to me at aviswana@rational.com?
    Hi,

I am trying to reverse engineer a aet of packages and it does well. But the class diagram is not appearing. Can any one help me.

Thanks in Advance
    N. Sivakumar
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3659 Posts

re: Class Diagram not Appearing in Reverse Engineering

‏2002-08-02T22:48:34Z  
    Hi,

I am trying to reverse engineer a aet of packages and it does well. But the class diagram is not appearing. Can any one help me.

Thanks in Advance
    N. Sivakumar
    Now that you have already reverse engineered.

Create a new diagram and then use Query -> Add classes from the menu.

There is a setting in the registry (assuming you have our latest version) called AutoConstructMainDiagrams, set this equal to Yes.

The registry key is HKLM\Software\Rational Software\Rose.

Hope this helps.