Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2004-01-06T16:52:49Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2262 Posts

Pinned topic java.security.Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

‏2003-12-29T05:50:44Z |
Hi Everybody,

I have suffered a problem in using IAIK JCE 3.02 together with JSSE 1.0.1 in IBM Websphere Application Server environment.

In Websphere environment, I have imported jsse.jar, jcert.jar, jnet.jar and iaik_jce.jar in the CLASSPATH. The problem seems that the internal classes have referenced to iaik.asn1.structures.Name. When I remove iaik_jce.jar in the classpath, it works normally.

I have tried to simplify the code and it throws java.lang.ClassCastException : iaik.asn1.structures.Name during runtime compliation in line "java.security.Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());"

As my application must run with implementation of iaik_jce.jar in my environment, I can't run without it. Can anybody kindly give me suggestion in solving this problem ?
MY SIMPLE JSP
=================================================================
<%@ page import = "java.lang.*
,java.io.*"
%>

<%! public void debug(String str1)
{
System.out.println("testSSL.jsp->debug("str1")");
}
%>

<%
try
{

debug("1.........");
java.lang.System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs", "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
debug("2.........");
java.security.Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

debug("3.........");

%>
<html>
<body>
OK
</body>
</html>
<%
}
catch(Exception exp)
{
%>
<html>
<body>
Exception(<%=exp.toString()%>)
</body>
</html>
<% } %>
RUNTIME EXCEPTION
=================================================================
03.12.29 13:35:10:043 CST 2322b726 WebGroup X Root Cause
java.lang.ClassCastException: iaik.asn1.structures.Name
at sun.security.pkcs.PKCS7.getCertificate(PKCS7.java(Compiled Code))
at sun.security.pkcs.SignerInfo.getCertificate(SignerInfo.java:207)
at sun.security.pkcs.SignerInfo.verify(SignerInfo.java:333)
at sun.security.pkcs.PKCS7.verify(PKCS7.java:472)
at sun.security.pkcs.PKCS7.verify(PKCS7.java(Compiled Code))
at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(SignatureFileVerifier.java:152)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:290)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:203)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(JarFile.java(Compiled Code))
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java(Compiled Code))
at sun.misc.URLClassPath$4.getInputStream(URLClassPath.java(Compiled Code))
at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Resource.java(Compiled Code))
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$2(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.servlet.classloader.ClassLoaderTemplate.loadClass(ClassLoaderTemplate.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadClass(JspLoader.java:139)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.load(JspServlet.java:167)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:321)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:351)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:712)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:879)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager.java:644)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:160)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:287)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:105)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:371)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletManager.java:793)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManager.java:719)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:666)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:257)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:154)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:105)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:214)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:67)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(CacheableInvocationContext.java:106)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:160)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:300)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp$ServiceRunnable.run(SQEventListenerImp.java:230)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp.notifySQEvent(SQEventListenerImp.java:104)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQEventSource.notifyEvent(SQEventSource.java:216)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRunnable.notifyService(SQWrapperEventSource.java:354)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRunnable.run(SQWrapperEventSource.java:221)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.outofproc.OutOfProcThread$CtlRunnable.run(OutOfProcThread.java:248)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:481)
Updated on 2004-01-06T16:52:49Z at 2004-01-06T16:52:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2262 Posts

Re: java.security.Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

‏2004-01-06T16:52:49Z  
    It's not clear what is going wrong in the source code as you don't say which version of WAS you are using. The PKCS7.getCertificate() method changed between JDK 1.3 and 1.4. Assuming that it is the former the most likely problem line is the one which takes the Issuer DN from the certificate and tries to cast it to a sun.security.x509.X500Name class. My obvious question is what is the super class of iaik.asn1.structures.Name ?
    Another question that springs to mind is do you need to add jsse.jar to the class path ? Again this is tied into the WAS version.