• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2003-07-05T13:18:17Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4447 Posts

Pinned topic JRE failure when debugging in eclipse

‏2003-07-02T23:00:18Z |
Hello,

Not sure if this is exactly the right place for this, but it seemed the most appropriate forum. I have found what appears to be a bug (reproducable on multiple machines) when using the IBM JRE (SDK 1.4.1-0) and eclipse (2.1).

When I attempt to debug my program I get:

Cannot connect to VM.
Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc = 509.
FATAL ERROR in native method: No transports initialized
JVMDG217: Dump Handler is Processing a Signal - Please Wait.
core info omitted
JVMDG215: Dump Handler has Processed Error Signal 6.

This occurs only when I am using the IBM JRE to run the program, but occurs regardless of the JRE I am running eclipse under (i.e. Sun or IBM). I do not believe it to be a timeout problem, as I raised the timeout threshold to the max and am sure this problem occurs before the timeout is reached.

Further, this does not appear to be a code/program-specific bug, as I am able to reproduce it when attempting to debug even the simplest program. This is further supported by the fact that the code compiles and even runs in the IBM JRE, it just won't debug.

Thanks for your time, any suggestions would be apreciated,
Updated on 2003-07-05T13:18:17Z at 2003-07-05T13:18:17Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4447 Posts

Re: JRE failure when debugging in eclipse

‏2003-07-05T13:18:17Z  
    Stupid question to ask but the port for the debugging process might be different from the usual ports used and if you have a firewall this might block the application accessing this port, possibly aggressivly, code in the IDE then terminating it's self?