Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-01T16:03:03Z by btdriver
btdriver
btdriver
7 Posts

Pinned topic Installed Guardium Policy History

‏2013-04-17T18:17:08Z |

I am hoping to configure a Guardium Query/Report that shows a history of Installed Policies.  We would like to be aware if a new policy has been installed or if an existing policy is re-installed.

I am aware of the Tools -> Report Building -> Installed Policy Tracking: Number of installed policies Query/Report, but that Query/Report appears just to provide details of the currently installed policy - i.e., it will not tell you the different policies that were installed 1 week ago or 1 month ago.

I am also aware of the Tools -> Report Building -> Guardium Activity Tracking:  Policy Changes Query/Report, but that Query/Report appears just to provide details regarding modifications to any Policy - e.g. Rule 6 of Policy N was modified.

Does a delivered Query/Report exist that provides a history of Installed Policies?  If not, what would be the approach for developing such a Query/Report?

Thanks,
Bruce Driver

• usa939
    usa939
    2 Posts

Re: Installed Guardium Policy History

‏2013-09-25T16:21:07Z  

Bruce,

I am in the same 'predicament'  as you.  Did you ever determine how to create a report of a historic view of installed policies/rules?

Thanks,

Mike Hoffmann

• cbg1
    cbg1
    3 Posts

‏2013-09-25T19:45:30Z  
    • usa939
    • ‏2013-09-25T16:21:07Z

Bruce,

I am in the same 'predicament'  as you.  Did you ever determine how to create a report of a historic view of installed policies/rules?

Thanks,

Mike Hoffmann

One method would be to clone the "Detailed Guardium User Activity" and add the criteria "Modified_Entity = GDM_INSTALLED_POLICY_HEADER".

• usa939
    usa939
    2 Posts

‏2013-09-27T19:49:41Z  
    • cbg1
    • ‏2013-09-25T19:45:30Z

One method would be to clone the "Detailed Guardium User Activity" and add the criteria "Modified_Entity = GDM_INSTALLED_POLICY_HEADER".

cbg1,

Thanks - that worked like a charm!  Where is the 'like' button for your response? 

Cheers,

Mike Hoffmann

• btdriver
    btdriver
    7 Posts

‏2013-10-01T16:03:03Z  
    • usa939
    • ‏2013-09-25T16:21:07Z

Bruce,

Thanks,

Mike Hoffmann

Mike,

Since my post, I discovered that my initial conclusion about the Tools -> Report Building -> Guardium Activity Tracking:  Policy Changes Query/Report was not complete.

I discovered that the delivered Tools -> Report Building -> Guardium Activity Tracking:  Policy Changes Query/Report will show if a new policy has been installed or if an existing policy is re-installed.

Thanks,

Bruce