• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-05T13:44:55Z by reneschmidt
KQX0_Patrik_Licher
KQX0_Patrik_Licher
3 Posts

Pinned topic OS Deployment Tivoli - Windows 7 x64

‏2013-11-20T10:50:59Z |

Hello. 

I use the Tivoli Proviosining Manager for OS Deployment 7.1.1.13  .

i try to deploy images to three computers. On each of these Computers the installation of Windows 7 x32 works fine . If i use Windows 7 x64 i get an installation error on each computer..

Can someone help me? 

• francesco.latino
    francesco.latino
    54 Posts

Re: OS Deployment Tivoli - Windows 7 x64

‏2013-11-20T10:55:10Z  

Sure,

do you have a screenshot of the error ? Or the error message ?

If possible, activity traces if you can attach them here

Thanks

• KQX0_Patrik_Licher
    KQX0_Patrik_Licher
    3 Posts

‏2013-11-21T14:58:13Z  

Hello. I´ve found the Problem. Windows x64 is not able to create a System Partition during the Installation. What can i do on the Tivoli Proviosining Manager for OS Deployment to solve this Problem?

• sergio.tarchi
    sergio.tarchi
    27 Posts

‏2013-11-26T08:43:21Z  

Hello. I´ve found the Problem. Windows x64 is not able to create a System Partition during the Installation. What can i do on the Tivoli Proviosining Manager for OS Deployment to solve this Problem?

Hello,

could you please give more details about failure? Screenshots, activity traces, debug data exported from server UI.

Thanks.

• KQX0_Patrik_Licher
    KQX0_Patrik_Licher
    3 Posts

‏2013-11-29T10:23:22Z  

Hello,

could you please give more details about failure? Screenshots, activity traces, debug data exported from server UI.

Thanks.

The computer will boot over the network. The computer gets a system profile. It starts the implementation. The first 5 steps of implementation work without problems. At the point where the base system is installed it will fail. It shows: Unknown error. Have a look in the log files .....

I started an installation from a CD to see if it works then. At the point where I can determine the partitioning he showed me that I can not change it.

With Window 7 x32 The complete procedure works without problems.
  • francesco.latino
    francesco.latino
    54 Posts

‏2013-12-04T22:32:29Z  
    The computer will boot over the network. The computer gets a system profile. It starts the implementation. The first 5 steps of implementation work without problems. At the point where the base system is installed it will fail. It shows: Unknown error. Have a look in the log files .....

I started an installation from a CD to see if it works then. At the point where I can determine the partitioning he showed me that I can not change it.

Hi Patrik,

we can try to reproduce it: may you please provide activity traces (from both working x86 and failing x64 deployments) ?

Thanks

Francesco

• reneschmidt
    reneschmidt
    10 Posts

‏2013-12-05T13:44:55Z  

Maybe there is a driver for the disc controller missing in the WinPE x64 deployment engine. Could you check the driver list (Edit driver binding list).