Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-07T13:37:30Z by PhilippeLaborie
Kaouthar
Kaouthar
3 Posts

Pinned topic CP Problem

‏2014-03-06T15:32:25Z |

Hello, I'm still a beginner in CPLEX and I have a program which I want to model with the constraints and objective function. In fact, the principe of the program is as follows: "I have a topology of a cloud that contains J data centers and each center has a set of resources. Each resource has a processing capacity and bandwidth. I also have a set of requests that I want assigned to the appropriate resources. Each application has a capacity and bandwidth and must be served by the first adequate resource. "But I have not been able to select the first resource in this problem. and I need your help. You will find attached the model I designed and thank you in advance.

Attachments

• PhilippeLaborie
    PhilippeLaborie
    50 Posts

Re: CP Problem

‏2014-03-07T13:37:30Z  

Hello,

You say "Each application has a capacity and bandwidth and must be served by the first adequate resource". This seems to describe a selection rule to allocate the requests on the data centers/resources. If you need to follow this rule, your problem is not an optimization problem but simply a greedy algorithm applying this rule and you do not need CPLEX for that. You will need optimization if your allocation decisions are not (or at least are not completely) decided by this type of rule and if you want to use this freedom to optimize some criterion.

In any case, as your question is about a CPLEX model and not a CP one, I suggest you post your question on the Math Programming forum (Forum Directory >‎ IBM ILOG >‎ IBM ILOG Optimization >‎ Mathematical Programming).

Philippe