• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-01-05T19:47:11Z by Venkat Podatharapu
MDM_Czar
MDM_Czar
10 Posts

Pinned topic PME algorithm configuration for new person name usage type

‏2014-07-09T05:38:52Z |

Hi All,

We have implemented Physical MDM and are trying to update the PME algorithm in IBM MDM v11. The requirement is to include new custom person name usage types in the matching algorithm and delete some of the existing person name usage types like Alias Name, etc.

Below are the steps we have performed to accomplish this :-

1) Inserted new persona name usage code value 'UNSPECIFIED' and expired the entry for Alias Name in CDNameUsageTp table.

2) Updated tcrm_extension.properties file with  new code table value and commented for AliasName.

Person.PersonName.NameUsageType.3050000=PERUNSPNAME

3) Extracted mdmpme-config.jar file. Created a MDM configuration project called Party and replaced the config file(.imm and person and org alg files) from the extracted ones.

4) Opened Party.imm file. Clicked on Member Types and added attribute called PERUNSPNAME.

5) Clicked on Algorithm and added the attribute in that.

6) Generated mdmpme-config.cba file from Party configuration project and deployed this cba to MDM server.

7) Restarted the server.

On adding a party with the new nameUsagetype, we are getting below error:

com.ibm.mdm.mds.pme.core.meta.RecordConversionException: Record type 'PERSON' does not contain the attribute type 'PERUNSPNAME'

Full logs attached.

Request you to let me know if we have missed any steps here. Thanks.

Attachments

• akesa123
    akesa123
    4 Posts

Re: PME algorithm configuration for new person name usage type

‏2014-09-10T04:50:39Z  

Hi MDM_Czar,

Facing similar issue. Did you resolve the issue. If so, can you please help.

• abhishek_mdm
    abhishek_mdm
    1 Post

‏2014-09-10T06:13:06Z  

Hi All,

I am also facing the same problem. In my case data is not updating in virtual MDM i.e. MPI Tables are not updating. I am not sure if this is the reason.

Please keep posting if you find any information.

So as MDM_Czar said, I also followed all the steps and realize that if we map Product's suggeseted names in tcrm_properties file it will work fine. But if you give a different name as per your customize algo, it will give you error.

Updated on 2014-09-10T06:17:32Z at 2014-09-10T06:17:32Z by abhishek_mdm
  • Sadagopan_Krishnamachari
    14 Posts

‏2014-12-01T07:23:46Z  

Hello All,

@ MDM_Czar : You seem to have a mismatch between the attribute name. The log says 

​[7/1/14 5:22:06:037 EDT] 0000003c DWLExceptionU E   com.ibm.mdm.mds.pme.core.meta.RecordConversionException: Record type 'PERSON' does not contain the attribute type 'PERUNKWNNAME'

where as you have PERUNSPNAME in your usage types. Can you verify this?

@ Abhishek_mdm : You might want to follow the naming convention for code and tablename.

For e.g if the code is PERADDRSTD, then the tablename must be MPI_MEMPERADDRSTD. Remember that MPI_MEM prefix must exist for the table name. This was the case atleast in MDM10.1 , not sure if it exists in v11 and beyond.

• gauravVivek
    gauravVivek
    5 Posts

‏2014-12-21T19:27:41Z  

Hi All,

I am also facing the same problem. In my case data is not updating in virtual MDM i.e. MPI Tables are not updating. I am not sure if this is the reason.

Please keep posting if you find any information.

So as MDM_Czar said, I also followed all the steps and realize that if we map Product's suggeseted names in tcrm_properties file it will work fine. But if you give a different name as per your customize algo, it will give you error.

Hi Abhishek ,

Have you deployed the algo in the Physical MDM , then it wont update MPI_ (virtual mdm table) chekc fro EME_* tables

• Venkat Podatharapu
    Venkat Podatharapu
    61 Posts

‏2015-12-15T22:32:40Z  

Hi Abhishek ,

Have you deployed the algo in the Physical MDM , then it wont update MPI_ (virtual mdm table) chekc fro EME_* tables

We are doing data load with custom PME algorithm,

We have added new payload attribute and added to algorithm.

modified email in PEREMAIL as refnum and idnum in PERIDENT as refnum

generate pme bundle

deployed cba package

also modified tcrm_extension.properties with the new payload attribute and deployed jar file.

during the data load I got the below response.

com.ibm.mdm.mds.pme.core.meta.RecordConversionException: Record type 'PERSON' does not contain the attribute type 'NMPRIORNAME'

000001ea MemRowRecordC E com.ibm.mdm.mds.pme.core.meta.MemRowRecordConverter convertMemRow convertRecord: invalid attrCode.fieldName (PERPERSEMAIL.refnum)

• gauravVivek
    gauravVivek
    5 Posts

‏2015-12-15T22:48:38Z  

We are doing data load with custom PME algorithm,

We have added new payload attribute and added to algorithm.

modified email in PEREMAIL as refnum and idnum in PERIDENT as refnum

generate pme bundle

deployed cba package

also modified tcrm_extension.properties with the new payload attribute and deployed jar file.

during the data load I got the below response.

com.ibm.mdm.mds.pme.core.meta.RecordConversionException: Record type 'PERSON' does not contain the attribute type 'NMPRIORNAME'

000001ea MemRowRecordC E com.ibm.mdm.mds.pme.core.meta.MemRowRecordConverter convertMemRow convertRecord: invalid attrCode.fieldName (PERPERSEMAIL.refnum)

HI venkat ,

Have you checked and confirmed that new Cba is deployed . ? which version of MDMv11 you are using ?

check version no of your custom pme cba ,if that is less that of out of box pme cba then MDM will continue using ootb cba( for ootb cba the version I think is 11).

You can check the startup log to confirm which pme cba is loaded . or try give version number of custom cba to 12 or more

• Venkat Podatharapu
    Venkat Podatharapu
    61 Posts

‏2015-12-15T23:03:25Z  

HI venkat ,

Have you checked and confirmed that new Cba is deployed . ? which version of MDMv11 you are using ?

check version no of your custom pme cba ,if that is less that of out of box pme cba then MDM will continue using ootb cba( for ootb cba the version I think is 11).

You can check the startup log to confirm which pme cba is loaded . or try give version number of custom cba to 12 or more

Thank you Vivek for quick response,

We deployed the cba successfully , we are using v11.4

we did added higher version in META-INF 11.4.0.qualifier in both cba and config packages.

we changed the CONFIGELEMENT table with new pme name.

this part "startup log to confirm which pme cba is loaded " have to check.

When we switch OOTB name in CONFIGELEMENT table everything works as per expectation, only issue with custom pme, still digging into it, for sure will share the out come with you all.

• Venkat Podatharapu
    Venkat Podatharapu
    61 Posts

‏2015-12-15T23:10:20Z  

Thank you Vivek for quick response,

We deployed the cba successfully , we are using v11.4

we did added higher version in META-INF 11.4.0.qualifier in both cba and config packages.

we changed the CONFIGELEMENT table with new pme name.

this part "startup log to confirm which pme cba is loaded " have to check.

When we switch OOTB name in CONFIGELEMENT table everything works as per expectation, only issue with custom pme, still digging into it, for sure will share the out come with you all.

Hi Vivek,     custome pme is shows up in the startup log

• Venkat Podatharapu
    Venkat Podatharapu
    61 Posts

‏2016-01-05T19:47:11Z  

Hi Vivek,     custome pme is shows up in the startup log

Can you please confirm this question if you know?

Configured PME algorithm in IBM Standard Edition can be Migrated to MDM Advanced Edition right?

Create CBA package from AE and deploy into AE MDM server either from RAD workbench or from WAS admin console, then recycle the server.

PME that is migrated from SE to AE is not working.

But when we modify PME in AE and deploy to server is working.

Migrating PME from SE to AE is correct or it will not support migration from SE to AE? can someone please confirm as per your expertise.