Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-15T17:53:14Z by Lee Wei
MBARTOSH
MBARTOSH
12 Posts

Pinned topic Import an Analysis into Excel Connector

‏2014-04-14T23:07:02Z |

Is it possible to import an analysis into the Excel Connector, or does a property need to be created from the analysis?

• Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    599 Posts

Re: Import an Analysis into Excel Connector

‏2014-04-14T23:32:57Z  

Hi Mike,

You meant importing data for an analysis property right?

Yes you can do that.

When you choose "BES Properties" as the object, there are 2 folders, one says "Global Properties", the other one is hidden all the way to the bottom that says "Analysis Properties".

For easier searching, note that the Analysis Properties can be grouped by the analysis they belong to, or straight alphabetical.

See the attached also.

Lee Wei

• MBARTOSH
    MBARTOSH
    12 Posts

‏2014-04-15T00:03:58Z  

Thanks Lee Wei.  I got it, but is there a way to combine multiple properties?  My analysis statement is:

(pathname of it, modification time of it as string, size of it as string) of files ((it as string) of lines of files "searchresults_PST.txt" of parent folder of client)

But, I would like to include computer name and Location on the same line. 

• Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    599 Posts

‏2014-04-15T00:36:53Z  
    • MBARTOSH
    • ‏2014-04-15T00:03:58Z

Thanks Lee Wei.  I got it, but is there a way to combine multiple properties?  My analysis statement is:

(pathname of it, modification time of it as string, size of it as string) of files ((it as string) of lines of files "searchresults_PST.txt" of parent folder of client)

But, I would like to include computer name and Location on the same line. 

Sorry that I didn't understand the context of the question about combining multiple properties.

Can you just select the "Computer Name" property to be extracted in the Excel Connector?

What does the end results look like? It will be helpful to show the output of that client relevance as well.

• MBARTOSH
    MBARTOSH
    12 Posts

‏2014-04-15T00:42:49Z  
    • Lee Wei
    • ‏2014-04-15T00:36:53Z

Sorry that I didn't understand the context of the question about combining multiple properties.

Can you just select the "Computer Name" property to be extracted in the Excel Connector?

What does the end results look like? It will be helpful to show the output of that client relevance as well.

I found the answer.  Selecting "Computer Properties" from the Query Wizard gives the ability to select multiple properties just like web reports.  This way I can combine properties like computer name, User Name, Location, OS etc. 

This would be a good one to add to your tutorials.   

• Lee Wei
    Lee Wei
    599 Posts

‏2014-04-15T17:53:14Z  
    • MBARTOSH
    • ‏2014-04-15T00:42:49Z

I found the answer.  Selecting "Computer Properties" from the Query Wizard gives the ability to select multiple properties just like web reports.  This way I can combine properties like computer name, User Name, Location, OS etc. 

This would be a good one to add to your tutorials.   

Glad to hear, thanks for letting me now.