• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-27T15:26:15Z by RuiNie
Paul_Vernon
Paul_Vernon
3 Posts

Pinned topic F5 to run SQL does not pick up last edit

‏2013-06-20T10:45:50Z |

Hi.

In Data Studio 3.2 and 4.1, if you use F5 to run SQL from the SQL Editor, then the SQL that is run will often not include the last edit you made to the SQL text.

This occurs if you do not not press another key (such as an arrow key to move the cursor away from the edited text) after altering the SQL text.  

So if you make a change, and then immediately press F5,  most of the of the time the SQL that is executed is the version without the change you just made.

If you run the SQL using the Menu or Toolbar, or save the changed file, or move the cursor to another word etc  before F5 then all is fine.

• RuiNie
    RuiNie
    13 Posts

回复:F5 to run SQL does not pick up last edit

‏2013-06-21T05:37:01Z  

Hi Paul,  I followed your steps and tried many times with build DS4.1 and I wasn't able to recreate the problem.  Can you try this again on a new workspace?

Thanks!

• RuiNie
    RuiNie
    13 Posts

回复:F5 to run SQL does not pick up last edit

‏2013-06-27T15:26:15Z  
    • RuiNie
    • ‏2013-06-21T05:37:01Z

Hi Paul,  I followed your steps and tried many times with build DS4.1 and I wasn't able to recreate the problem.  Can you try this again on a new workspace?

Thanks!

Hi Paul,

I was able to recreate the problem only if I changed the statements in SQL editor and then press F5 very quickly( "Hit F5" and "change statements in editor" almost happened at the same time).   The problem will happen before the local syntax checking is finished. Maybe the performance of my test machines are good, so it's hard for me to recreate the problem. but for  those quick typers with a relative slower computer,  it's possible that they will run into this issue.  I will bring up this issue to the DS team for discussion.

Thank You