• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-23T06:45:49Z by tmparker
RC.Hosh
RC.Hosh
24 Posts

Pinned topic HATS V9.0 Installation Guide

‏2013-11-04T14:38:30Z |

Hi All,

I plan to install HATS v9.0 on Virual Machine.

Since I want to install HATS v9.0 therefore I also want to install the latest vervion of   IBM Rational Application Deverloper Software for WebSphere v9.0.

The problem is that when I install the RAD v9.0  it does not give the option to install  WAS test environment latest version.

Can anybody help me by telling what would be the correct product to install.

Regards,

Hosh

Updated on 2013-11-04T14:40:12Z at 2013-11-04T14:40:12Z by RC.Hosh
  • tmparker
    tmparker
    534 Posts

Re: HATS V9.0 Installation Guide

‏2013-11-04T23:55:57Z  

Hi Hosh,

There has not been a WAS test environment for RAD since back in 7.5.  They stopped creating test environments. You now have to install the WAS server on your machine and the studio should automatically detect it when you start and add an instance for you.  Then you can do run on server or debug on server using the WAS instance in the studio. That is how it has worked for several years now and they will not be creating the stand-alone test environment installs as we had in the past.

Thanks
    Tim

• ErasmusTapera
    ErasmusTapera
    11 Posts

‏2014-01-23T00:04:27Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2013-11-04T23:55:57Z

Hi Hosh,

There has not been a WAS test environment for RAD since back in 7.5.  They stopped creating test environments. You now have to install the WAS server on your machine and the studio should automatically detect it when you start and add an instance for you.  Then you can do run on server or debug on server using the WAS instance in the studio. That is how it has worked for several years now and they will not be creating the stand-alone test environment installs as we had in the past.

Thanks
    Tim

Are there no other options?  Does Liberty work?  I don't see any HATS 9 InfoCenter so I am not clear on what test environments HATS can run in

• tmparker
    tmparker
    534 Posts

‏2014-01-23T06:45:49Z  

Are there no other options?  Does Liberty work?  I don't see any HATS 9 InfoCenter so I am not clear on what test environments HATS can run in

Everything we support technically runs as test environments.  A test environment is basically a local install of a server that RAD directly connects to and uses.  I personally have WAS 8.0 and 8.5, Geronimo and WebLogic installed and running on my workstation and all are used directly in my RAD studio as test environments.

As for Liberty, I am actually working on adding support for that right now and I'm targeting having this added in the first fixpack for HATS 9.0.  I can't guarantee this since I haven't finished coding it and no testing has been done yet.  If all goes well then you should have access to Liberty in HATS very soon.

Thanks
    Tim