Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-05T16:28:01Z by Dragos.Cojocari
tarena
tarena
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Table Generation in RPE

‏2013-10-30T20:26:08Z |

I'm a novice user of RPE so please forgive me if I'm not using the correct terminology.  I am trying to solve a problem that another user is experiencing in his template.

My question is, in RPE 1.1.2.1,  is there a way to generate a table from plain text from Requisite Pro 7.1.3.04?  In other words, are there any built in table generating features in RPE? 

Thank you very much,

Tom

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1604 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Table Generation in RPE

‏2013-10-31T09:47:15Z  in response to tarena

Hey Tom,

RPE has various table related capabilities but from your description it is not clear exactly what you need.

>>> a table from plain text from Requisite Pro 7.1.3.04?

So I assume you have this as part of on the properties of the ReqPro data and you want to parse it and produce a table from it. Can you post an example of how that text looks like and what are the rules you would use to convert it to table.

And if this indeed has to do with producing a table from text via RPE's scripting capabilities than you'll need RPE 1.2.0.1 or newer to do it.

Regards,

Dragos

• tarena
      tarena
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-04T13:54:47Z  in response to Dragos.Cojocari

Hi Dragos,

Thanks for your reply.  I don't really have an example to post here.  As I mentioned this tool is entirely new to me.  No training :( 

You mentioned that I would need to upgrade to 1.2.0.1 to product a table via plain text from Req Pro.  Why is that?  I see there are table functions in RPE Studio version 1.1.2.  I was thinking about placing tags around the data that I wish to create a table with.  Would something like that work?  Search for like an html tag then place what is between the tags into a table.   Is that possible or am I completely missing the mark?  Also, is upgrading to 1.2.0.1 absolutely necessary to accomplish this (or is it just easier)? 

Thank you very much for your help.  I'll work on trying to post an example to make this more clear.

Tom

• Dragos.Cojocari
        Dragos.Cojocari
        1604 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-05T09:08:19Z  in response to tarena

Hey Tom,

>>> You mentioned that I would need to upgrade to 1.2.0.1 to product a table via plain text from Req Pro.  Why is that?

you need RPE 1.2's capabilities to produce XHTML via JavaScript. See here: http://rpeactual.com/2013/01/18/processing-rich-text-in-rpe/

>>> I was thinking about placing tags around the data that I wish to create a table with.  Would something like that work?

Yes. See above.

>>> Also, is upgrading to 1.2.0.1 absolutely necessary to accomplish this (or is it just easier)?

1.2 is mandatory. 1.2.0.1 is highly recommended and is a small step from 1.2.

Regardsm

Dragos

• tarena
          tarena
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-05T14:36:05Z  in response to Dragos.Cojocari

Thanks Dragos for your help.  I'll let my team know.  We are already in the process of evaluating v1.2.  The problem for us upgrading to 1.2 is rolling it out to our customers without affecting their projects and their deadlines. 

I will continue to research the tool to become more familiar with it.

If I have any other questions, I'll be sure to post them here.  Thanks again

Tom

• Dragos.Cojocari
            Dragos.Cojocari
            1604 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-05T16:28:01Z  in response to tarena

Hey Tom,

glad I could help.

>>> 'll let my team know.  We are already in the process of evaluating v1.2.

In this case I recommend going with RPE 1.2.1 which we just released. It's faster, packs more features and produces better output then 1.2. See this http://rpeactual.com/2013/10/30/rpe-1-2-1/ for more details and monitor this forum and the blog for more information.

Regards,

Dragos