IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-19T12:34:06Z by HCU0_Ken_Killian
HCU0_Ken_Killian
HCU0_Ken_Killian
4 Posts

Pinned topic Short-Name give errors in DATA Studio 4.1

‏2013-10-16T14:45:37Z |

I am trying to use IBM Data Studio 4.1. But, it does not allow me to use both Short & Long Alias names. Which perplexes me. Because SquirrelSQL.org does this fine. And it is using the Java Tool Box Driver, just like Data Studio. (AS/400 Java Tool box for JAVA: JT400.JAR).

So, I get two errors, when doing this short SQL:
Select * from <MyFile> It says file NOT found. I get two Error Dialog, and then it run fine! Why?

Now, when I change it to the LONG-NAME, it does not complain about errors. Such as this:
Select * from <"MyLongDescriptiveFileName">, it works fine, no error dialogs...

So, both method do work, but I get two annoying Warning Dialogs, complaining that it can fine the "short-Name", and then work fine. Is there a way to turn off these "Nag-Screens"! Especially, since the short-name file does EXIST, and does work? Am I missing something?

• YuanFeng
    YuanFeng
    78 Posts

Re: Short-Name give errors in DATA Studio 4.1

‏2013-11-19T05:42:47Z  

Thanks for report this issue,we may need to valiate the JT400 jar difference data studio usd and SquirrelSQL.org used.

It will be kind if you can provider the detail jar version information which SquirrelSQL.org used.Thanks.

• HCU0_Ken_Killian
    HCU0_Ken_Killian
    4 Posts

Re: Short-Name give errors in DATA Studio 4.1

‏2013-11-19T12:34:06Z  
    • YuanFeng
    • ‏2013-11-19T05:42:47Z

Thanks for report this issue,we may need to valiate the JT400 jar difference data studio usd and SquirrelSQL.org used.

It will be kind if you can provider the detail jar version information which SquirrelSQL.org used.Thanks.

SquirrelSQL uses this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.etools.iseries.toolbox_8.0.5.v20111129_1843\runtime\jt400.jar

My company finally update our license from RDp 8.0 to RDi 9.0. Maybe I should update this path...

I have been using SquirrelSQL for approximate 3-years...

Here is the path for IBM Data Studio 4.1 jt400.Jar:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2.iseries_3.2.600.v20130426_0922\driver

I am a HUGE fan of Rational Developer! It is Aweomse! And I really want to be an expert on Data Studio 4.1. But, I really need the flexiablity to use both Long & short names on the file. So, help in this matter will be greatly appreciated!

If need, I guess I could attach the jt400.jar files, if that would help...