Topic
10 replies Latest Post - ‏2015-02-23T14:00:57Z by Scott Johnston
rvs1974
rvs1974
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error installing installation manager (help needed)

‏2014-03-09T15:44:10Z |

Getting an error (see message below) while trying to install  installation manager (for developers), i have not made any changes  to the software i downloaded from ibm site (why does this not work)? I want to eventually install WAS8.5.

After errors are displayed, once i click on the ok button the installer application closes.

install.config has the foll=>

<server>

<repository location='.'/>
   <repository location='http://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/V85WASDeveloperILANL'/>
</server>

Error Message

The com.ibm.websphere.DEVELOPERSILAN.v85 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.

The com.ibm.websphere.IBMJAVA.v70 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.

The com.ibm.websphere.liberty.IBMJAVA.v70 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.

The com.ibm.websphere.IHSILAN.v85 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.

The com.ibm.websphere.APPCLIENTILAN.v85 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.

The com.ibm.websphere.PLGILAN.v85 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.

The com.ibm.websphere.PLUGCLIENTILAN.v85 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.
The com.ibm.websphere.WCTILAN.v85 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.

The com.ibm.websphere.W2MTKILAN.v11 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.

The com.ibm.websphere.liberty.DEVELOPERSILAN.v85 package specified in the C:\software\ibm\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml file cannot be found.

Help is greatly apprec.iated

Thank you

Updated on 2014-03-09T15:46:02Z at 2014-03-09T15:46:02Z by rvs1974
  • This reply was deleted by rvs1974 2014-03-09T21:41:53Z.
  • rvs1974
    rvs1974
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error installing installation manager (help needed)

‏2014-03-09T21:38:53Z  in response to rvs1974

things started working... without any changes on my side... maybe there was some maintainence going on the repository server... wish we could get a better warning.. sure wasted a lot of time with this.

Now Installation manager is installed and i added the foll repository http://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/V8.5WASDeveloperILAN

i tested the connection and it shows connected.

However the install button is greyed and i cannot proceed..... so i can't select WAS8.5 and install it.... (any suggestions)

Updated on 2014-03-09T21:42:28Z at 2014-03-09T21:42:28Z by rvs1974
  • rvs1974
    rvs1974
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-09T22:34:33Z  in response to rvs1974

Went back and installed WAS along with IM (both packages at the same time).. Finally done.. installing software should be easier than this :)

• snicker
    snicker
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-10T07:29:00Z  in response to rvs1974

hey did u configure proxy in installation manager for installing WAS ?

• snicker
    snicker
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-10T07:32:04Z  in response to rvs1974

even i have faced the same prolem .. i removed the offering Id's mentioned in the error from "install.xml" .then i am able to install im but failed to connect to repositories. Adding repositories din work for me.

• rvs1974
    rvs1974
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-10T10:23:34Z  in response to rvs1974

Between the time it wasnt working to when it strted working i made no changes..... so proxy shouldn't be an issue. I think something was going on server side yesterday. Its working now though.

• snicker
      snicker
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-10T13:49:04Z  in response to rvs1974

oh nice.. but how did you manage to install both the packages at the same time ?

• 47SR_Daniel_Tillin
    47SR_Daniel_Tillin
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-02-18T09:11:56Z  in response to rvs1974

This still seems to be a problem with me. Don't really understand what the install is expecting. I was expecting the downloaded zip to contain everything required to install.

I am running the install.exe in the unpacked zip. I expected this to just run and download and install whatever packages it required?

My install.xml contained the following for repositories:

<server>
      <repository location='.'/>
      <repository location='http://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/V85WASBASETrialL'/>
    </server>

And I get the error as described by the OP. I've tried this several times, both 32bit and 64 bit. I've also tried using the main Installation Manager, but there are no packages found. It is not at all intuitive how to use these installation managers. It should guide you through all the steps, but it seems so convoluted just to install some trial software!

Updated on 2015-02-18T09:40:10Z at 2015-02-18T09:40:10Z by 47SR_Daniel_Tillin
    • Scott Johnston
      Scott Johnston
      95 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-02-18T15:29:18Z  in response to 47SR_Daniel_Tillin

You should try to download the latest Installation Manager (v1.8.1) and install it. The version that is currently available through the WebSphere Trials download pages is an earlier version.

To get the latest Installation Manager go to the installation Manager download page:  http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27025142

Download the latest version and run the installer. If you already installed Installation Manager, you do not have to uninstall it. The new Install Manager installer will detect the existing copy and update it. That way you will not loose any repository locations or other preference settings that you have established.

If need be, you might have to manually add the location to the trial repository to the repository preferences.

Due to POODLE exploit, IBM has shut off SSL v3 authentication for the IBM-hosted trials repositories. Earlier versions of Installation Manager use SSL v3, so they will fail to connect. The latest version of Installation Manager does not use SSL v3 for authentication, so it should be able to connect successfully.

Regards,
      Scott Johnston
      WebSphere Application Server
      Install & Configuration User Experience Lead

• casta_oh
        casta_oh
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-02-23T11:22:38Z  in response to Scott Johnston

I have same problem than 47SR_Daniel_Tillin. 

1. I installed IBM Installation Manager 64 bits version 1.8.1 (last version).

2. I downloaded IBM Web Application Server Developers Version 8: https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/reg/download.do?source=swerpws-wasdevim85&S_PKG=500023135&S_TACT=109J84JW&S_CMP=web_opp_ibm_ws_appinfra_wasdev&lang=es_ES&cp=UTF-8&dlmethod=http

For windows 64 bits.

Installation Manager for Windows 64-bit with WebSphere Application Server for Developers including Liberty, v8.5.5
        DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64.zip  (160M)

3. I executed install.exe inside the folder, expecting that everithing goes fine. But y obtain the error:

No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.DEVELOPERSILAN.v85 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.
        No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.IBMJAVA.v70 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.
        No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.liberty.IBMJAVA.v70 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.
        No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.IHSILAN.v85 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.
        No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.APPCLIENTILAN.v85 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.
        No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.PLGILAN.v85 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.
        No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.WCTILAN.v85 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.
        No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.W2MTKILAN.v11 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.
        No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.PLUGCLIENTILAN.v85 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.
        No se puede encontrar el paquete com.ibm.websphere.liberty.DEVELOPERSILAN.v85 especificado en el archivo D:\Profiles\jCastaneda\Downloads\DEVELOPERSILAN.agent.installer.win32.win32.x86_64\install.xml.

4. Install.xml points to this repository:

http://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/V85WASDeveloperILAN

And page shows this message:

Error 404: SRVE0190E: File not found: /V85WASDeveloperILAN

Is it a temporal problem of servers? Is it a problem with my proxy? I don`t think so, since I am arriving to that page...

Regards.

• Scott Johnston
          Scott Johnston
          95 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-02-23T14:00:57Z  in response to casta_oh

There have been some temporary issues with the repository servers recently.  I was able to reproduce the error message early this morning. But then, less than 30 minutes later, when I tried to show the issue to a co-worker; I could not reproduce it again. Please try again and let me know if the error continues to happen.

Regards,
          Scott Johnston
          WebSphere Application Server
          Install & Configuration User Experience Lead