IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-21T07:24:01Z by BenjaminJust
BenjaminJust
BenjaminJust
3 Posts

Pinned topic Create Folderset via Workflow

‏2014-03-04T08:17:19Z |

Hi everybody,

can anybody help me with the following problem?

We have a workflow "employee check-in". With this workflow we want to create a folder structure in P8. So e.g. an new employee comes to the company and needs a folder with his name "Carl Smith" and no we want to create all needed sub folder (My Documents, My Mails, My Scans etc) automaticly with a workflow. Is this possible to do or is it also possible with a folder subscription?.

Thank you!

• Sunorth
    Sunorth
    7 Posts

Re: Create Folderset via Workflow

‏2014-03-20T17:32:29Z  

yes, you can call CE_Operations API to do that in workflow design, and you can only create a top folder, then create subfolders by subscription.

• BenjaminJust
    BenjaminJust
    3 Posts

Re: Create Folderset via Workflow

‏2014-03-21T07:24:01Z  
    • Sunorth
    • ‏2014-03-20T17:32:29Z

yes, you can call CE_Operations API to do that in workflow design, and you can only create a top folder, then create subfolders by subscription.

Hi Sunorth,

thank you for your feedback. Ok as I understood you right I need to configure a CE_OPERATIONS step in the workflow to create a defined folderset.

With a folder subscription, which I lay on a top entry folder, I start that workflow when a new subfolder under this top folder is created an the workflow creates the folder set right ?

Thank you very much!