• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-18T05:46:14Z by MJABER
MJABER
MJABER
14 Posts

Pinned topic IBM SAS Module Problem

‏2013-05-12T13:41:36Z |

Dear All , 

i have BladeCenter S MT:8886 and the management shows IO module 3 need attention , i have the SAS module installed their  i am able to ping the management module but i am unable to ping SAS module  is there is any idea why i am unable to reach the module ? 

i have Predefined Config 10 Configuration running and i have three blade  installed only on the chassis 

Thanks 

• gez
    gez
    275 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM SAS Module Problem

‏2013-05-13T12:52:03Z  

First off, make sure the default gateway for the SAS and RAID IP addresses is set for the AMM IP address, not your actual gateway IP

http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=migr-5089679

It may be helpful to know what kind of switch you have in Bay1 because the RAID portion of the RSSM communicates through Bay1.

If changing the gateway doesnt help, you may need to reboot the AMM, switch in Bay1, and the RSSMs.

Once you have comminication restored to the RSSMs, run an alert -get to find out why IO module 3 needs attention.

• gez
    gez
    275 Posts

‏2013-05-13T12:52:03Z  

First off, make sure the default gateway for the SAS and RAID IP addresses is set for the AMM IP address, not your actual gateway IP

It may be helpful to know what kind of switch you have in Bay1 because the RAID portion of the RSSM communicates through Bay1.

If changing the gateway doesnt help, you may need to reboot the AMM, switch in Bay1, and the RSSMs.

Once you have comminication restored to the RSSMs, run an alert -get to find out why IO module 3 needs attention.

• Guy Kempny
    Guy Kempny
    18 Posts

‏2013-05-17T10:58:47Z  
    • gez
    • ‏2013-05-13T12:52:03Z

Can you tell us i this is a newly configured system or one thats been running for some time.

Without reading the log:

1. Can you tell us the firmware of the SAS RAID controller module. You have to be at firmware 1.2.4.011 or higher for 1 SAS RAID Controller card being supported in bay 3.

2. What are the firmwares of the HDD in the DSM modules. My suspicions is that HDD firmware higher than the SAS RAID Controller card firmware may cause issues.

3. The SAS RAID Controller card IP address and the AMM must be on the same subnet.

• MJABER
    MJABER
    14 Posts

‏2013-06-18T05:46:14Z  
    • gez
    • ‏2013-05-13T12:52:03Z

gez thanks for your post i think it is solved by adding the Management IP as gateway for the SAS module , 

sanandreas thanks also for your post it was very useful to me .