IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-11-24T09:56:08Z by Andreas.Schauberer
HemanthKumarS
HemanthKumarS
4 Posts

Pinned topic DB2 HADR TSA Start

‏2016-11-18T21:41:11Z |

Hello,

We are using DB2 10.5 with HADR and Tivoli SAMP is configured for Automated HADR (Failover setup).

Whenever server reboot happens we are noticing in one of the server the TSA is not coming up and when we check the same using the command 'lssrc -g rsct', we can see both ctcas and ctrmc are inoperative.

To fix the same, we need to manually start it using the command startsrc -g rsct and then followed by other command startsrc -g rsct_rm.

Is there any specific reason why those resources are not starting on their own after server reboot and is there any way to fix the issue and make it start on its own without manual intervention.

Please let us know a possible solution to this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

S Hemanth Kumar

• Andreas.Schauberer
    Andreas.Schauberer
    9 Posts

Re: DB2 HADR TSA Start

‏2016-11-21T10:15:25Z  

Hello,

the automatic start of RSCT after a reboot depends on the OS version.

For RHEL 7 and SLES 12 the OS component 'systemd' is configured to start RSCT after a reboot.

If you post the OS version you are using with your TSA cluster, then I can post more details.

Since the automatic start of RSCT is the default behavior after a reboot, you could also open a PMR and get help from IBM support.

Best regards

Andreas Schauberer

• HemanthKumarS
    HemanthKumarS
    4 Posts

‏2016-11-21T16:52:28Z  

Hello,

the automatic start of RSCT after a reboot depends on the OS version.

For RHEL 7 and SLES 12 the OS component 'systemd' is configured to start RSCT after a reboot.

If you post the OS version you are using with your TSA cluster, then I can post more details.

Since the automatic start of RSCT is the default behavior after a reboot, you could also open a PMR and get help from IBM support.

Best regards

Andreas Schauberer

Hello,

The OS Version is Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo) and after Server reboot when we issue the command lsrpnode or lsrpdomain we are getting output '/opt/rsct/bin/lsrsrc-api: 2612-022 A session could not be established with the RMC daemon on "local_node".'.

For lssam we are getting 'lssam: No online domain found.' As I mentioned earlier, to fix the same, we need to manually start it using the command startsrc -g rsct and then followed by other command startsrc -g rsct_rm.

Is there any setting that need to be done to fix the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

S Hemanth Kumar

• HemanthKumarS
    HemanthKumarS
    4 Posts

‏2016-11-21T22:43:02Z  

Hello,

The OS Version is Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo) and after Server reboot when we issue the command lsrpnode or lsrpdomain we are getting output '/opt/rsct/bin/lsrsrc-api: 2612-022 A session could not be established with the RMC daemon on "local_node".'.

For lssam we are getting 'lssam: No online domain found.' As I mentioned earlier, to fix the same, we need to manually start it using the command startsrc -g rsct and then followed by other command startsrc -g rsct_rm.

Is there any setting that need to be done to fix the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

S Hemanth Kumar

Hello,

In continuation to my above response, just want to confirm that we are not facing issue with all the servers.

The issue is happening with any one of the node in the cluster.

Thanks & Regards,

S Hemanth Kumar

• HemanthKumarS
    HemanthKumarS
    4 Posts

‏2016-11-22T05:40:03Z  

Hello,

In continuation to my above response, just want to confirm that we are not facing issue with all the servers.

The issue is happening with any one of the node in the cluster.

Thanks & Regards,

S Hemanth Kumar

Hello,

I did a analysis in the system where the the RSCT came up on its own, I can see the ctrmc services starting without manual intevention

rc_ctrmc: 0513-059 The ctrmc Subsystem has been started. Subsystem PID is 1657.

In the system where the RSCT does not start on its own and requires manual intervention to start RSCT using the command startsrc -g rsct and then followed by other command startsrc -g rsct_rm.

systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit ctrmc.service, ignoring: Unit ctrmc.service is masked.

As per my understanding, this is the issue which stops starting the RMCdaemon (RSCT) from starting the TSA Domain (coming online by Default after reboot).

Please let me know whether any solution is there to fix the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

S Hemanth Kumar

• Andreas.Schauberer
    Andreas.Schauberer
    9 Posts

‏2016-11-24T09:56:08Z  

Hello,

I did a analysis in the system where the the RSCT came up on its own, I can see the ctrmc services starting without manual intevention

rc_ctrmc: 0513-059 The ctrmc Subsystem has been started. Subsystem PID is 1657.

In the system where the RSCT does not start on its own and requires manual intervention to start RSCT using the command startsrc -g rsct and then followed by other command startsrc -g rsct_rm.

systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit ctrmc.service, ignoring: Unit ctrmc.service is masked.

As per my understanding, this is the issue which stops starting the RMCdaemon (RSCT) from starting the TSA Domain (coming online by Default after reboot).

Please let me know whether any solution is there to fix the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

S Hemanth Kumar

Hello,

if this problem only occurs on RHEL 7.2 nodes, then you can use TSA 4.1.0.3 included in DB 10.5.0.8.

Could you post the RSCT version using "ctversion -b" and the TSA version using "samversion -b" ?

The RSCT version must be at least version "3.2.1.x" for RHEL 7.2.

If the problem can not be resolved with TSA 4.1.0.3, then please open a PMR.

See also "System requirements for IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows"

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27038033

Best regards

Andreas Schauberer