• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-28T15:04:20Z by TiagoMoraes
TiagoMoraes
TiagoMoraes
2 Posts

Pinned topic Twitter Streaming API

‏2013-06-13T20:16:28Z |

Hi all,

I've noticed that the basic authentication method has been deprecated, and now I need to use OAuth 1.0A to connect with an access token.

Is this possible to do with InfoSphere Streams?

Regards,

Tiago Moraes

• Stan
    Stan
    76 Posts

Re: Twitter Streaming API

‏2013-06-19T18:06:33Z  

I assume you are using someting like the Social Data Accelerator or one of a number of sample applications that work with Twitter feeds  to access Twitter.  I will need to know what you are currently using in order to make inquiries abou the availability of an update that supports OAuth for use with the current Twitter API.  I did some quick searches and did not find any examples generating a Twitter feed for Streams using OAuth. 

Awhile back I got the following tip from the author of the article:  Query social media and structured data with InfoSphere BigInsights: An Introduction to JAQL

URL:  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-1207querysocialmedia/index.html

This might be helpful in adapting the routine you are using to query Twitter.  You would need to identify a function analogous to externalFn().to make the CURL call:

Twitter has a OAuth tool that creates a curl command string.  The customer could try to invoke curl via externalFn() to accomplish the same.

• TiagoMoraes
    TiagoMoraes
    2 Posts

Re: Twitter Streaming API

‏2013-06-28T15:04:20Z  
    • Stan
    • ‏2013-06-19T18:06:33Z

I assume you are using someting like the Social Data Accelerator or one of a number of sample applications that work with Twitter feeds  to access Twitter.  I will need to know what you are currently using in order to make inquiries abou the availability of an update that supports OAuth for use with the current Twitter API.  I did some quick searches and did not find any examples generating a Twitter feed for Streams using OAuth. 

Awhile back I got the following tip from the author of the article:  Query social media and structured data with InfoSphere BigInsights: An Introduction to JAQL

URL:  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-1207querysocialmedia/index.html

This might be helpful in adapting the routine you are using to query Twitter.  You would need to identify a function analogous to externalFn().to make the CURL call:

Twitter has a OAuth tool that creates a curl command string.  The customer could try to invoke curl via externalFn() to accomplish the same.

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your reply. I've used to collect twitter data from their APIs for simple examples with the internet toolkit, more precisely the operator HTTPGetStreamSource.

I'll be checking your suggestions.

Regards,
    Tiago Moraes