Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-11-19T19:20:01Z by jim.barnes
Portal_Guy
Portal_Guy
3 Posts

Pinned topic Intermittent Error : 404 while accessing SharePoint url in Web Application Bridge

‏2015-11-19T12:40:38Z | application bridge portal sharepoint web websphere

Hi

My requirement is to integrate a SharePoint(2013) website in WebSphere Portal 8.5 . Right now security is disabled in SharePoint. So the SharePoint application URL is accessible through a web browser without any authentication and the URL is working fine. But when I use the same URL to configure the Web Dock portlet, it seems to be behaving inconsistently. Sometimes, I get the following error message - Error 404: An exception occurred while parsing the URL... But then it starts working correctly after a few page refreshes. Then again after sometime , the same error comes up. This is the first time I'm using the Web Application Bridge so haven't come across similar issues before. Can some one please suggest a solution.

• jim.barnes
    jim.barnes
    1053 Posts

Re: Intermittent Error : 404 while accessing SharePoint url in Web Application Bridge

‏2015-11-19T18:16:55Z  

so WAB proxies the url through a proxy servlet running on portal,  is the 404 coming from the proxy servlet or from sharepoint.  is there some throttling in place, I would look in SystemOut to see why it is having problems getting the url

• Portal_Guy
    Portal_Guy
    3 Posts

Re: Intermittent Error : 404 while accessing SharePoint url in Web Application Bridge

‏2015-11-19T19:09:05Z  

so WAB proxies the url through a proxy servlet running on portal,  is the 404 coming from the proxy servlet or from sharepoint.  is there some throttling in place, I would look in SystemOut to see why it is having problems getting the url

Yes WAB is using proxy, so the actual SharePoint url is http://momens2322.momentum.com:<forgot port>/SitePages/Home.aspx ,
    and the Content provider and Web Dock is configured to use that url. Now the proxy url is that of portal which is http://momens4327.momentum.com:10039/SitePages/Home.aspx. When I hit the first url of SharePoint directly in a browser, I get a response albeit this Sharepoint page is a little slow to load for some reason.When I hit the second
    url of the proxy directly in browser, I see the same itermittent issue. In that way, I cannot demo this POC to the customer.The customer wants to see a POC about how to embed a SharePoint page in WebSphere Portal and WAB is what I had proposed just by having a high level look through its documentation.As far as I remember, SystemOut had no entry about this problem but I need to double check tomorrow.Could this issue be related to the response headers?  Also the x-frame-options header is set to sameorighin by default in SharePoint as it does not allow its pages to be loaded in iframes(that WAB uses internally) -  but if this is the issue, then the SharePoint page wouldn't have loaded in WAB at all.I will ask the SharePoint guys to set the x-frame-options to allow the pages to be loaded in iframes, in that way I might just be able to use  iframes directly if the WAB approach doesn't work as expected.

• jim.barnes
    jim.barnes
    1053 Posts

‏2015-11-19T19:20:01Z  

Yes WAB is using proxy, so the actual SharePoint url is http://momens2322.momentum.com:<forgot port>/SitePages/Home.aspx ,
    and the Content provider and Web Dock is configured to use that url. Now the proxy url is that of portal which is http://momens4327.momentum.com:10039/SitePages/Home.aspx. When I hit the first url of SharePoint directly in a browser, I get a response albeit this Sharepoint page is a little slow to load for some reason.When I hit the second
    url of the proxy directly in browser, I see the same itermittent issue. In that way, I cannot demo this POC to the customer.The customer wants to see a POC about how to embed a SharePoint page in WebSphere Portal and WAB is what I had proposed just by having a high level look through its documentation.As far as I remember, SystemOut had no entry about this problem but I need to double check tomorrow.Could this issue be related to the response headers?  Also the x-frame-options header is set to sameorighin by default in SharePoint as it does not allow its pages to be loaded in iframes(that WAB uses internally) -  but if this is the issue, then the SharePoint page wouldn't have loaded in WAB at all.I will ask the SharePoint guys to set the x-frame-options to allow the pages to be loaded in iframes, in that way I might just be able to use  iframes directly if the WAB approach doesn't work as expected.

so you might try turning on these traces

com.ibm.mm.proxy.*=all:com.ibm.wps.proxy.*=all:com.ibm.mashups.proxy.*=all,

and see if it is simply timing out and that is why it is throwing the error