• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-15T19:41:13Z by Dario Bassan
Dario Bassan
Dario Bassan
4 Posts

Pinned topic PARENT_LAST classloader settings in WDT4E

‏2013-07-05T10:22:07Z |

I'm working in parallel with:

- Eclipse Juno+WDT4E 8.5.5. and WebSphere v8.5.5 for Developers as test environment.
- RAD v9.0 and WAS v8.5.5 test environment

In one of my EAR/WAR I have to set the classloader policy to "PARENT_LAST" at EAR or WAR level.

These settings can't be changed using admin console in a test environment.

In RAD v9 this can be done opening "WebSphere Application Server Deployment" wizard that graphically managed the "deployment.xml".

In Eclispe+WDT4E I can't find anything to do the same.

Question is: how can I set PARENT_LAST in WAR or EAR using WDT4E?

Ciao Dario

• e_yuen
    e_yuen
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: PARENT_LAST classloader settings in WDT4E

‏2013-07-15T19:11:43Z  

The "WebSphere Application server Deployment" editor is only available on the RAD product.  Although the editor itself does not come with WDT, you can either manually edit the file using standard text editor or import one that is created in RAD product.  The tool will still recognize it and publish the application with the settings correctly.

Regarding to changing the settings in admin console, the setting is on the application level so you cannot edit it using the default publishing setting. You'll need to disable the "Minimize application files copied to the server" publishing settings under the "Publishing settings for WebSphere Application Server"  in the server editor.  Note that if you have the application already published to the server before, you'll need to remove the application from the server, publish and add the application back to the server for the changes to take place.

You can refer to the documentation for the publishing settings: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.servertools.doc/topics/tpublishv6.html

Elson

• e_yuen
    e_yuen
    27 Posts

‏2013-07-15T19:11:43Z  

The "WebSphere Application server Deployment" editor is only available on the RAD product.  Although the editor itself does not come with WDT, you can either manually edit the file using standard text editor or import one that is created in RAD product.  The tool will still recognize it and publish the application with the settings correctly.

Regarding to changing the settings in admin console, the setting is on the application level so you cannot edit it using the default publishing setting. You'll need to disable the "Minimize application files copied to the server" publishing settings under the "Publishing settings for WebSphere Application Server"  in the server editor.  Note that if you have the application already published to the server before, you'll need to remove the application from the server, publish and add the application back to the server for the changes to take place.

You can refer to the documentation for the publishing settings: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.servertools.doc/topics/tpublishv6.html

Elson

• Dario Bassan
    Dario Bassan
    4 Posts

‏2013-07-15T19:41:13Z  
    • e_yuen
    • ‏2013-07-15T19:11:43Z

Elson

Thank you Elson for yuor detailed answer.

I'll try your suggestion edting manually.

Ciao