• 27 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-22T14:19:39Z by Joydeep_B
Joydeep_B
Joydeep_B
22 Posts

Pinned topic Master the Mainframe 2013 - India

‏2013-11-01T05:10:58Z |

Rs. 3+ Lakhs Prizes to be WON!!

Brochure: Print & post at your college notice board, or share via eMail, Facebook, Twitter etc.

1.   *****     Register in the contest      *****     &    IBM UR Facebook
  2.   Part - 1 Problem Statement Document: Errata: Please note that the email ID (studmain@uk.ibm.com) in Page 13 is to be ignored. The right place to discuss your queries in MMC 2013 - India is this forum or IBMUR facebook site. Password Reset request need to be emailed to entindia@in.ibm.com. Mail to the studmain@uk.ibm.com will not be answered.
  3. Part - 2 Problem Statement Document:  Students who have cleared Part - 1 can only attempt Part 2. All students who has submitted Part - 1 will get mail informing them if they have not cleared Part-1 or not. Students who has NOT cleared Part - 1 cannot start Part -2. You can submit Part -1 again and try to clear it.
  4. Part - 3 Problem Statement Document: This is where the Masters identify themselves. If you thought Part - 1 deserved Yellow Highlight and Part - 2 Orange, then Part - 3 surely deserves being highlighted in red. As before, you need to work it out yourself - there will be no hints or spoon-feeding. And there is no Early Bird Prize. You need to be accurate and best. In addition you need to submit a small essay - the essay is used to resolve winners in case of Tie-Breaker. All contestants will know deep in their heart that the winner is "Master" - someone like Kungfu Panda who has "inner peace".

Contestants will need OpenVPN.co​nnection-k​it.zip for PART-3.

Errata (Part-3): Please note that the URL in the last page is not relevant for India. Wish we could have corrected the PDF.

Final Result: The prize distribution ceremony will be held at Fortune Hotel, Kolkata on 1st Feb 2013. Congrats to all winners and participants.

Part - 1 & Part - 2 early bird winners will get flipkart vouchers via email. Part-3 winners will get their prizes in the ceremony.

Master the Mainframe 2013, India Prizes

Updated on 2014-01-21T07:42:39Z at 2014-01-21T07:42:39Z by Joydeep_B
  • Joydeep_B
    Joydeep_B
    22 Posts

Read This First

‏2013-11-13T09:39:03Z  

Master the Mainframe Contest 2013 - India

Dear Participant,

Thank you for your interest in 2013 MMC - India.

The contest is in 3 Parts. The problem statements can be found in Master the Mainframe 2013 - India home page. The problem statement for Part - 1 will be released on 15th Nov 2013. The problem statement for Part - 2 will be released a week later. Students who qualify Part- 2 will be mailed the problem statement of Part - 3.

You need to be presently a student of a school or college to participate. Ex-Students are not allowed. For example, if you have just graduated in 2013 and presently not studying anywhere, you cannot participate.

Please note the following:

1. You can participate in the contest using only one registration. If at any point it is found that you are participating using multiple email IDs to register, you will be disqualified and not given any certificate or prizes.
    2. Participant name and college name should match with the college ID Card. Certificates will be printed exactly as type in the entry form.
    3. Members of Mainframe India Academic community can participate this discussion forum. You need to join this community to participate.
    4. Contest news will be regularly posted in IBM UR Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/IBMUR). You are advised to LIKE the IBMUR facebook to get the updates regularly.
    5. You will be provided a mainframe ID & emulator. As instructed in Part - 1 you need to change the password of the ID at first login. You need to remember the password. If you attempt to login with wrong password, you will be "locked out" and you need to request for password reset by emailing you mainframe id to entindia@in.ibm.com. The subject line of the mail will be Password Reset Request: ID INDnnnn.
    6. Apart from password rest request no other query will be entertained at entindia@in.ibm.com. Please use the forum MMC 2013 - India forum in developerWorks (http://ibm.co/1aPQSFC) for discussion and IBM UR Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/IBMUR) for updates.
    Updated on 2013-11-14T07:16:42Z at 2013-11-14T07:16:42Z by Joydeep_B
  • Lahaul Seth
    Lahaul Seth
    2 Posts

Re: Read This First

‏2013-11-15T14:26:49Z  
    • Joydeep_B
    • ‏2013-11-13T09:39:03Z

Dear Participant,

The contest is in 3 Parts. The problem statements can be found in Master the Mainframe 2013 - India home page. The problem statement for Part - 1 will be released on 15th Nov 2013. The problem statement for Part - 2 will be released a week later. Students who qualify Part- 2 will be mailed the problem statement of Part - 3.

You need to be presently a student of a school or college to participate. Ex-Students are not allowed. For example, if you have just graduated in 2013 and presently not studying anywhere, you cannot participate.

1. You can participate in the contest using only one registration. If at any point it is found that you are participating using multiple email IDs to register, you will be disqualified and not given any certificate or prizes.
    2. Participant name and college name should match with the college ID Card. Certificates will be printed exactly as type in the entry form.
    3. Members of Mainframe India Academic community can participate this discussion forum. You need to join this community to participate.
    4. Contest news will be regularly posted in IBM UR Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/IBMUR). You are advised to LIKE the IBMUR facebook to get the updates regularly.
    5. You will be provided a mainframe ID & emulator. As instructed in Part - 1 you need to change the password of the ID at first login. You need to remember the password. If you attempt to login with wrong password, you will be "locked out" and you need to request for password reset by emailing you mainframe id to entindia@in.ibm.com. The subject line of the mail will be Password Reset Request: ID INDnnnn.
    6. Apart from password rest request no other query will be entertained at entindia@in.ibm.com. Please use the forum MMC 2013 - India forum in developerWorks (http://ibm.co/1aPQSFC) for discussion and IBM UR Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/IBMUR) for updates.

In the TSO Logon page, it says that my ID is not authorized to use TSO.

• krish512
    krish512
    1 Post

timeout while connecting

‏2013-11-22T10:01:04Z  

It is giving  me error of time out while connecting. I have used proper configurations, check 4 times

Attachments

Updated on 2013-11-22T10:03:28Z at 2013-11-22T10:03:28Z by krish512
  • SJVK_Prabhuta_Garg
    SJVK_Prabhuta_Garg
    1 Post

Re: Master the Mainframe 2013 - India

‏2013-11-23T01:48:52Z  

I am also getting the same error. If anybody has any idea how to resolve it please reply.

• AnandBaskaran
    AnandBaskaran
    1 Post

‏2013-11-23T05:42:13Z  

I successfully completed the Part 1 of Master the Mainframe contest. On execution I got 485 fun points and the result shows Successful. I have also transmitted the result dataset. It shows transmission complete on execution of xmit command.  But still I haven't received any mail regarding the Part 1 completion. What should I do regarding this?

• Joydeep_B
    Joydeep_B
    22 Posts

Master the Mainframe 2013, India - Results timeframe

‏2013-11-23T06:48:54Z  

I successfully completed the Part 1 of Master the Mainframe contest. On execution I got 485 fun points and the result shows Successful. I have also transmitted the result dataset. It shows transmission complete on execution of xmit command.  But still I haven't received any mail regarding the Part 1 completion. What should I do regarding this?

Submissions are evaluated around Thursday evening India Time.  So if you have submitted post that your result will be announced next week.

All Part-1 Success and Failure participants have got mail. As you have not got email on success or failure, your submission is not yet evaluated.

You can start on Part-2 but you can submit only post Part-1 success email.

• debjyoti1591
    debjyoti1591
    1 Post

‏2013-11-24T17:04:33Z  

I am unable to inderstand the goal of section "2.4 Editing a dataset member". In that step,what are we suppose to do? I am unable to understand the problem regarding fun points.

• Ritu49
    Ritu49
    1 Post

Re: Master the Mainframe 2013, India - Results timeframe

‏2013-11-25T06:21:38Z  
    • Joydeep_B
    • ‏2013-11-23T06:48:54Z

Submissions are evaluated around Thursday evening India Time.  So if you have submitted post that your result will be announced next week.

All Part-1 Success and Failure participants have got mail. As you have not got email on success or failure, your submission is not yet evaluated.

You can start on Part-2 but you can submit only post Part-1 success email.

I successfully completed the Part 1 of Master the Mainframe contest. On execution I got  fun points more than 300 and the result shows Successful. I have also transmitted the result dataset. It shows transmission complete on execution of xmit command.  But still I haven't received any mail regarding the Part 1 completion. What should I do regarding this?

• SounakR
    SounakR
    1 Post

‏2013-11-26T05:58:47Z  

I think there's a problem associated authorization.We are not authorized to access the Websphere MQ queue manager as "Abra73" pointed out. Please look into it.

Updated on 2013-11-26T06:03:32Z at 2013-11-26T06:03:32Z by SounakR
  • Ahwan
    Ahwan
    1 Post

‏2013-11-27T15:56:10Z  

I am also getting the same authorization error (2035) in WebSphereMQ.
    Please help with the same.

• sieuni.malnov
    sieuni.malnov
    4 Posts

‏2013-12-02T00:32:13Z  
     +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+  
     | CSQO014E MQOPEN of SYSTEM.COMMAND.INPUT unsuccessful. Reason code = 2035. |  
     +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+  

This is the error I get when I try to define a queue in WebSphere MQ. As mentioned earlier in FB IBMUR, if authorization is not an issue, then the only problem seems to be insufficient storage as documented in the 'MQ z/OS messages and codes'. Also the mqrc = 2035 asks to contact MQ data security admin.

This would be of tremendous help if the admin clarifies a bit on the matter. Thank You.

• amar_b
    amar_b
    2 Posts

‏2013-12-06T11:55:01Z  
     | CSQO014E MQOPEN of SYSTEM.COMMAND.INPUT unsuccessful. Reason code = 2035. |  

This is the error I get when I try to define a queue in WebSphere MQ. As mentioned earlier in FB IBMUR, if authorization is not an issue, then the only problem seems to be insufficient storage as documented in the 'MQ z/OS messages and codes'. Also the mqrc = 2035 asks to contact MQ data security admin.

This would be of tremendous help if the admin clarifies a bit on the matter. Thank You.

I am having the same problem. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

Amar

• sieuni.malnov
    sieuni.malnov
    4 Posts

‏2013-12-06T12:56:11Z  
    • amar_b
    • ‏2013-12-06T11:55:01Z

I am having the same problem. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

Amar

No, not yet...i reckon its something we'd have to work around somehow...otherwise as they stated they would have given us at least some clue...

• amar_b
    amar_b
    2 Posts

‏2013-12-06T13:19:27Z  

No, not yet...i reckon its something we'd have to work around somehow...otherwise as they stated they would have given us at least some clue...

Yeah I guess. But somehow,I cant seem to get past that. Spent hours!!
    Did you or  anyone else you know get past it?

Updated on 2013-12-06T13:25:26Z at 2013-12-06T13:25:26Z by amar_b
  • sieuni.malnov
    sieuni.malnov
    4 Posts

‏2013-12-07T08:01:33Z  
    • amar_b
    • ‏2013-12-06T13:19:27Z

Yeah I guess. But somehow,I cant seem to get past that. Spent hours!!
    Did you or  anyone else you know get past it?

You say hours!!!...I say days...I sat for part 2 on the 30th...and got 11 qs done till midnight only...and since then i have been sitting with the define queue task everyday until the time I realize I have sem exams to take care of!!!...nothing seems to work...then I decided to submit my answer sheet this Thursday and just get done with it...

• Lahaul Seth
    Lahaul Seth
    2 Posts

‏2013-12-10T02:17:22Z  

How do I get the part-3 manual ? There is no link on the red highlighted statement.

• swapagarwal
    swapagarwal
    1 Post

‏2013-12-11T05:25:54Z  

How do I get the part-3 manual ? There is no link on the red highlighted statement.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/groups/service/html/communityview?communityUuid=55b74458-5a4c-4084-b835-5dc122d70436#fullpageWidgetId=Wb40679506b19_4c21_8330_092cb1bc34d1&file=3622438e-d777-4b3c-94f9-8f419e57cc32

• anksy
    anksy
    1 Post

‏2013-12-14T16:14:09Z  

I am also having this problem.So finally did anyone find a solution for this.

• ShahiniSengupta
    ShahiniSengupta
    3 Posts

‏2013-12-19T08:04:23Z  
    • anksy
    • ‏2013-12-14T16:14:09Z

I am also having this problem.So finally did anyone find a solution for this.

Hello,

Can anyone please clarify the 2035 issue in Websphere MQ reply queue creation.

• ShahiniSengupta
    ShahiniSengupta
    3 Posts

‏2013-12-27T05:34:09Z  

(This is a repost)

Hi,

Today I am getting a timeout error connecting to the mentioned IP and port in Part-III after establishing route through OpenVPN. The return code thrown by Vista TN3270 is 10060. Is there any issues with the TestMVS region right now ? Please advise.

Regards,

Shahini Sengupta.

• PritiRathi
    PritiRathi
    2 Posts

‏2013-12-28T09:42:57Z  

What is the last date of part 1 submission? I have submitted the result 10 days ago, but did not get any response yet. 

• khublal
    khublal
    3 Posts

‏2013-12-30T10:29:46Z  

i have submitted part-II of  MMC-2013 but i did not get any mail  and what was the last submission date of  of 2nd level. and also there is no any update about result of mmc after 16 dec so what about result please replay sir i  am waiting for your replay-------------------.

• Rtz_Rastogi
    Rtz_Rastogi
    1 Post

Re: Connection timed out

‏2013-12-30T18:07:19Z  
    • Joydeep_B
    • ‏2013-11-13T09:39:03Z

Dear Participant,

im connecting to the ip provided for the part 3 but vista could not connect with it it says connection timed out from 3-4 days. could you help me plz asap submission date is closing and and i have not started it.. so help me asap.

• Abhra73
    Abhra73
    1 Post

‏2014-01-09T08:56:25Z  

When will the final results be declared?