Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-08-03T13:33:28Z by Friendy
kanchanag
kanchanag
23 Posts

Pinned topic Retrieve Email Address From Active Directory to use in CE Operation sendMail

‏2015-07-13T19:41:02Z | ce_operations filenetp8

HI 

As indicated in the image We have user picker in navigator side which works fine for particular document class .After saving document @  document  creation event i have configured to trigger a workflow which need to take the email of the selected User from the AD and send mail ..

I have used the  "ecm.model.User" emailAddress but no use.Is there a way to check email is returning from AD side 

Thanks 

Knchana

• gone.fishing
    gone.fishing
    514 Posts

Re: Retrieve Email Address From Active Directory to use in CE Operation sendMail

‏2015-07-22T17:14:04Z  

ICN does not retrieve the user email addr from AD and set it in the User object.

You should be able to create a response filter and inject the email addr into the JSON.

• kanchanag
    kanchanag
    23 Posts

Re: Retrieve Email Address From Active Directory to use in CE Operation sendMail

‏2015-08-01T08:47:15Z  

ICN does not retrieve the user email addr from AD and set it in the User object.

You should be able to create a response filter and inject the email addr into the JSON.

Yas ,Since I need to retrieve the Email from code is there a API method which can return email when I pass the User ID or ecm user object ,,, or any other mechanism to communicate with AD .

Otherwise no point of  writing response Filter . 

• Friendy
    Friendy
    91 Posts

‏2015-08-03T13:33:28Z  
    • kanchanag
    • ‏2015-08-01T08:47:15Z

Yas ,Since I need to retrieve the Email from code is there a API method which can return email when I pass the User ID or ecm user object ,,, or any other mechanism to communicate with AD .

Otherwise no point of  writing response Filter . 

(sAMAccountName=youuserid)

run this query on LDAP and get your required properties, you have to use your own program using java to connect to LDAP.