• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-27T14:03:05Z by yn2000
k7logan
k7logan
11 Posts

Pinned topic TDS ZOS objectclass Update

‏2014-08-18T02:26:45Z |

Hi All,

I tried to update inetorgperson objectclass with custom attributes in TDS ZOS system. I received following error 

An error occurred setting attributes for entry cn=schema: [LDAP: error code 53 - R001088 Object class '2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.2' is in use and cannot be replaced or deleted (validate_object_class_delete)].

Could you help me to resolve the issue?

Regards,

k7logan

• bmatteso
    bmatteso
    108 Posts

Re: TDS ZOS objectclass Update

‏2014-08-18T15:17:48Z  

Hi,

You should probably get a pmr open with the z/OS TDS folks.  The error is saying generally that you can't delete/update the objectclass because there are already objects instantiating it.  To make a change like this you often need to drop your backend db (not quite sure how TDS z/OS handles this), change the schema and reload.  (There are some changes you can't ever make, though: eg, you can't add a new MUST attribute to inetOrgPerson with if existing entries exist, since any existing entries won't have a value for that attribute.)

Regards.

• goonitsupport
    goonitsupport
    103 Posts

‏2014-08-18T15:32:30Z  

You shouldn't be customising inetOrgPerson!

You need to create a new custom person objectclass that inherits from inetorgperson. And then add your new attributes into this objectclass.

Best regards,

• k7logan
    k7logan
    11 Posts

‏2014-08-20T02:18:50Z  

You shouldn't be customising inetOrgPerson!

You need to create a new custom person objectclass that inherits from inetorgperson. And then add your new attributes into this objectclass.

Best regards,

HI,

Thanks for the updates. I am trying with existing custom objectclass to add new attributes but still i am receiving same error. I thought these errors occur because of the following points

The User ID doesn't have proper authority to change the objectclass information?

Somewhere the objectclass are set to not modify or delete operation.

Is that possible i can change the v3.modified scheme file to update the new attributes  in objectclass?

Please Advise me

Regards,

k7logan

• yn2000
    yn2000
    1086 Posts

‏2014-08-27T14:03:05Z  
    • k7logan
    • ‏2014-08-20T02:18:50Z

HI,

Thanks for the updates. I am trying with existing custom objectclass to add new attributes but still i am receiving same error. I thought these errors occur because of the following points

The User ID doesn't have proper authority to change the objectclass information?

Somewhere the objectclass are set to not modify or delete operation.

Is that possible i can change the v3.modified scheme file to update the new attributes  in objectclass?

Please Advise me

Regards,

k7logan

inetOrgPerson definition is not in the V3.modifiedschema file. It is in the V3.user.oc. Instance owner should be the one who have access to that file, but you should not modify that file neither. Like Mr. goonitsupport say, it is a 'best practice' not to customize inetOrgPerson. The 'best practice' is to build a custom objectclass that is inherited from inetOrgPerson objectclass. And yes, even if that cost you to update all existing data with the new objectclass value.

Rgds. YN.