3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-01T20:04:43Z by randybrown
wxyzabc
wxyzabc
29 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Service Details View Related

‏2013-10-01T12:18:53Z |

Hi,

I creted the services in TBSM V6.1, everything is working fine else the Service Details Tab in Service Availiability Page.

Service Details Tab having 3 diffrent tabs Cumulative SLAs,Events,Rules are not displaying any information within.

Can anyone help regarding this.

• randybrown
    randybrown
    54 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Service Details View Related

‏2013-10-01T14:19:36Z  in response to wxyzabc

Hi,

When you first open Service Availability, the Service Details portlet has no context. When you select a service from the service tree, you should see the following for the clicked service:

Events: List of events in Omnibus that affect the service. This will depend on the templates used by the service and the rules defined on those templates, or on the dependents of the service that would propagate status to this service.

Rules: These are events that TBSM sends to the object server based on status changes and updates to metrics that occur in TBSM. This again depends on the templates used by the service and the types of rules on the template.

SLA: If you have defined SLAs for the templates tagged to the services, then these are events TBSM sends back to the object server when there are SLA related warnings/violations for the selected service.

So an empty list for any of the tabs is quite common, depending on the activity in the server and with events received from the object server.

I hope this helps...

Randy Brown

• wxyzabc
      wxyzabc
      29 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-01T14:47:09Z  in response to randybrown

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your reply.

But here the Service Details portlet has no context after selecting an Affected Service too.Can you help in this what can be the probable cause.

Regards

wxyzabc

• randybrown
        randybrown
        54 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-01T20:04:43Z  in response to wxyzabc

Hi,

I have attached a screenshot from a 6.1.1 Service Availability page, specifically part of the Service Details portlet. I have highlighted in the screenshot a numeric ID that indicates the service instance id that was clicked. If this ID is changing as you click a service in the tree, then it would seem the context is being received by Service Details, but no events are available for the tabs.

If the ID is not changing, or if you think there should be events for a service, but none are shown, then you may need to contact TBSM support for help. The WAS trace.log on the TBSM servers or the netcool*.log in TBSM_HOME/logs might show if there are issues with querying events from the object server.

Sorry for your difficulty...

Randy Brown

Attachments