• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-08T17:21:07Z by mburati
DivyaN23
DivyaN23
72 Posts

Pinned topic Page Tabs Styling

‏2014-07-22T12:09:38Z |

Hello,

Just wondering how I can get the attached html incorporated for the tab pages styling.

Thank you!

Attachments

• mburati
    mburati
    2561 Posts

Re: Page Tabs Styling

‏2014-07-22T14:00:00Z  

It's typically easier / safer to make a copy of a builder's base page or generated page and then tweak that HTML to what you need it to look like (if a modifier builder or CSS alone can't get you what you need)  than to try to create one outside of WEF and force fit it in, as the builders typically expect certain named elements to be in the page so that they can find and modify them with UI action controls etc.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • DivyaN23
    DivyaN23
    72 Posts

‏2014-07-22T14:08:32Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2014-07-22T14:00:00Z

It's typically easier / safer to make a copy of a builder's base page or generated page and then tweak that HTML to what you need it to look like (if a modifier builder or CSS alone can't get you what you need)  than to try to create one outside of WEF and force fit it in, as the builders typically expect certain named elements to be in the page so that they can find and modify them with UI action controls etc.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

I am trying to change the base classes  itself but a bit stuck as where I can replace with the HTML I need.

• mburati
    mburati
    2561 Posts

‏2014-08-08T17:21:07Z  
    • DivyaN23
    • ‏2014-07-22T14:08:32Z

I am trying to change the base classes  itself but a bit stuck as where I can replace with the HTML I need.

I haven't done this myself (replaced Page Tabs html with my own custom html) but if I were to try it, I would probably go to the Page Tabs builder, uncheck "Use Theme" input (to allow the builder to specify the HTML and CSS used for the page tabs) to see the buidler inputs related to how it constructs the page tabs, and then make copies of those and customize them and specify those customized pages there (being sure to keep any identifying information like named html elements the builder would be looking for while making those changes).

Once you have that working, and then if you want to use the same page tab styling in multiple models / page tabs builder calls, you could create a custom WEF UI theme (eg, copy the one you're using by default and tweak it) which specifies those page tab customizations in the theme XMl and then use that custom WEF UI THeme across your models (either via Theme buidler as first builder call or via custom theme set for the project via override.properties) so that you could pick up that same page tab styling in all of your models.

I hope that info helps,

..Mike Burati

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/