Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-02-17T15:08:56Z by Seymour22
Seymour22
Seymour22
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic MDM v.11 Deploying hub configuration (member model, algorithm)

‏2014-02-14T14:24:43Z |

Hi all,

one basic question.

Just to lear MDM I installed:

- MDM 11 typical server Std/Adv - machine 1

- MDM 11 typical workstation - machine 2

Question: how to deploy my hub config directly from RAD MDM plugin workbench, machine 2 -> MDM server on machine 1?

On Machine 2, workbench I can see only 'WAS 8.5 on localhost'.

Most probably I am looking in a wrong doc.

Thank you in advance

T

• RichJarvis
    RichJarvis
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: MDM v.11 Deploying hub configuration (member model, algorithm)

‏2014-02-17T12:15:45Z  in response to Seymour22

Add the remote WebSphere instance to the "Servers" view. You can follow the instructions here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v8/topic/com.ibm.servertools.doc/topics/twcrtins_v6.html

although obviously replace localhost with the IP/hostname etc.

After that follow the instructions for deploying your CBA as per the MDM InfoCenter:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/mdm/v11r0/topic/com.ibm.mdmhs.wb.tools.models.doc/t_Deploy_CBA_to_Operational_Server.html

• Seymour22
      Seymour22
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-17T12:43:20Z  in response to RichJarvis

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

I added a remote WebSphere instance to the "servers" view in my workbench. I was managed to deploy my "configuration project" (master data management -> deploy configuration project). I my DB now I can see all the MPI_"tables" - what is great! However I got some error just after I added that server instance:

------------------------------------------------ begin of the error

An error occurred during publishing:
      Could not publish to the server.

The problem may be caused by one of the following reasons:

A managed (federated) WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment environment is not supported. However, there is support for unmanaged (stand-alone) WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment; so you can test, run, and debug applications from the workbench to an unmanaged server.

------------------------------------------------ end

I have no idea if -in general- I will have to use that "PUBLISH" functionality and (frankly speaking) no idea if that publish option will have any impact on MDM workbench healt.

Will be gratefull for your answer.

Kind regards

T

• RichJarvis
        RichJarvis
        5 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-17T13:48:40Z  in response to Seymour22

Ah I forgot that the typical server install will give you a federated node setup. As the error states, RAD does not support publishing to WAS ND, only to WAS Base. Unfortunately you will not be able to deploy via RAD to a WAS ND install, furthermore the status shown in the workbench is that of the deployment manager - not the whole cluster (which might be one server), you can't even use it to restart your application server only the deployment manager. You will have to deploy your CBA's manually I'm afraid.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.servertools.doc/topics/cwover.html?resultof=%22%66%65%64%65%72%61%74%65%64%22%20%22%66%65%64%65%72%22%20%22%6e%6f%64%65%22%20

• Seymour22
          Seymour22
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-17T14:26:04Z  in response to RichJarvis

Ok, thanks!

So, please correct me if I am not making a sense :)

1.There is some RAD limitation that gives developers no possibility to deploy applications from RAD to remote WAS (managed, dmgr) directly by means of RAD "publish" menu option (?). The solution is loading it by means of the administration console of WAS (?).

2.However all the regular administrative tasks regarding "master data plugin" applied to RAD (like "deploy configuration project", new job set -> "load unl's to DB") should work fine?

Just ~1hour ago I did what I say in point 2 (above) with no issue. As I checked all the records are in the DB - so far so good.

Kind regards

T

• RichJarvis
            RichJarvis
            5 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-17T14:51:51Z  in response to Seymour22

1) Partially correct - you're right except that you can deploy to a remote WAS instance but not to a WAS ND instance (remote or local) only to a WAS base instance (i.e. no node agents, deployment managers etc).

2) You lost me on this one - if it's working fine that I'd assume so. The issue with WAS ND mentioned only relates to remote administration of the WAS instances, not the database etc.

Hope it helps and sorry that it's probably not the answer you wanted

• Seymour22
              Seymour22
              4 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-17T15:08:56Z  in response to RichJarvis

Ok, right :), I got you. Thanks a lot!

Regarding point 2, till now I have checked:

- master data management -> deploy configuration project (on the basis of your member model, algorithms etc.)    OK.

- master data management -> new job set -> derive data and create unls (also load unl's to DB)    OK.

- analytics view -> attribute completeness    OK.

While doing all those things, basically I select this remote instance of WAS. Even though it has its status marked as "started" (no info like "synchronized") and even though I got an error any time I try to use the "publish", all those thigs I listed above are done fine with no errors in the logs.

kind regards

T