Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-10-05T10:33:22Z by noneless
heidizh
heidizh
12 Posts

Pinned topic What's the problem when it shows "Oplrun process did not response, you must restart the running configuration"?

‏2013-12-04T11:20:23Z |

During the run time of a CP model, it shows "Oplrun process did not response, you must restart the running configuration", and then the model is stopped running. What's wrong with it?

Thank you for your help.

Heidi

• AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    77 Posts

Re: What's the problem when it shows "Oplrun process did not response, you must restart the running configuration"?

‏2013-12-09T15:28:39Z  

Hi,

maybe you ran out of memory.

Have you tried to run your model with oplrun ?

regards

• heidizh
    heidizh
    12 Posts

Re: What's the problem when it shows "Oplrun process did not response, you must restart the running configuration"?

‏2013-12-21T16:21:39Z  

Hi,

maybe you ran out of memory.

Have you tried to run your model with oplrun ?

regards

Hi, Alex,

I  ran the same instance, sometimes it was good, sometimes it ran into such problem. I don't know why.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Heidi

• rdumeur
    rdumeur
    63 Posts

‏2014-01-06T10:13:45Z  
    • heidizh
    • ‏2013-12-21T16:21:39Z

Hi, Alex,

I  ran the same instance, sometimes it was good, sometimes it ran into such problem. I don't know why.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Heidi

Hi Heidi,

To narrow down he problem, I 'd like to have more information on you setup:

What version of OPL are you using?

Are you on a multi core machine?

Are you sharing the machine with other users (or running other processes that may consume system resources) ?

Cheers,

• heidizh
    heidizh
    12 Posts

‏2014-09-30T01:52:25Z  
    • rdumeur
    • ‏2014-01-06T10:13:45Z

Hi Heidi,

To narrow down he problem, I 'd like to have more information on you setup:

What version of OPL are you using?

Are you on a multi core machine?

Are you sharing the machine with other users (or running other processes that may consume system resources) ?

Cheers,

Hi rdumeur,

I was using CPLEX 12.5. I was on a multi core machine, and the machine was used only by myself.

Thanks.

Heidi

• rdumeur
    rdumeur
    63 Posts

‏2014-09-30T09:01:40Z  
    • heidizh
    • ‏2014-09-30T01:52:25Z

Hi rdumeur,

I was using CPLEX 12.5. I was on a multi core machine, and the machine was used only by myself.

Thanks.

Heidi

Dear Heidi,

First, if possible, I would suggest to upgrade to the latest version of OPL. Each release fixes bug and maybe you did hit one.

Another possibility is that your model was very large and your computer had not enough RAM to process it.

Any indication on your model is welcome (e.g. the start banner displayed in the engine log window).

Cheers,

Renaud

• heidizh
    heidizh
    12 Posts

‏2014-09-30T09:15:51Z  
    • rdumeur
    • ‏2014-09-30T09:01:40Z

Dear Heidi,

First, if possible, I would suggest to upgrade to the latest version of OPL. Each release fixes bug and maybe you did hit one.

Another possibility is that your model was very large and your computer had not enough RAM to process it.

Any indication on your model is welcome (e.g. the start banner displayed in the engine log window).

Cheers,

Renaud

Hi Renaud,

Thank you for your help. I all trying to do  as you said. Thank you.

Best regards,

Heidi

• volneids (UniSoma)
    volneids (UniSoma)
    1 Post

‏2014-09-30T17:20:07Z  
    Probably not the same issue, but I've faced similar error message before. In my case it happened every time I tried to run any model (from either COS or ODME run configurations). The only way I found out to solve that was resetting my eclipse workspace.

I still haven't been able to determine when the workspace corruption took place, but it happened three times in the last two months.

• noneless
    noneless
    19 Posts

‏2014-10-05T10:33:22Z  
    • rdumeur
    • ‏2014-09-30T09:01:40Z

Dear Heidi,

Cheers,

Renaud

Hi rdumeur

I've faced similar error and I know that's because of lacking memory.I read in cplex manual that we could set nodefileind parameter to use disk space instead of RAM.But I've no idea that it works for CP. could you inform me if it works?

Best